Toledo-BYU

JD4560

Nov 12, 2015
Watching the Toledo-BYU game. Toledo playing pretty well on the road. Tied 21 all in the 2nd quarter. Obviously since Campbell recruited most of these guys for toledo maybe he can do the same here over the next couple years.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
No he's right, Jason Candle is the brains. Not only does Campbell get no credit for the team he put together at his previous school, he is also responsible for the mess he was left at this one.

Makes sense if you don't think about it

Now I understand.... Thanks nhclone for making it as clear as mud!!!

Reactions: nhclone

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
You have to be a Toledo troll. Pretty much everyone knows who I am, why don't you man up and say who you are since you obviously don't like Campbell.
No he is a troll. I've seen him go around and mass dislike and disagree people's posts if they say anything positive about Iowa state in threads.

Reactions: aauummm

JUSTGOPLAY

Sep 30, 2016
Watching the Toledo-BYU game. Toledo playing pretty well on the road. Tied 21 all in the 2nd quarter. Obviously since Campbell recruited most of these guys for toledo maybe he can do the same here over the next couple years.
Still tied at 21 @ the half......Watch Toledo run out of gas and melt about the mid point in the 3rd quarter. The elevation out at BYU is a killer in the second half. That, and all those 25 & 26 year old dudes for BYU don't seem to get loose til after halftime.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I feel a little bad for how we raped and pillaged Toledo's coaches and recruits last year, so I will root hard for them in penance. However, they sure don't appear to have missed a step.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
BYU has won by 2 and lost by 1, 3, and 3 all against decent or better teams. Looks like they're in for another nail biter.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
BYU lost a player to targeting. Is it really hard not to lead with the crown of your helmet?

It can be. That was a good example. It looked like he was in bat the ball mode and just got close enough to the QB to make the tackle. It was too late for him to get low.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
It can be. That was a good example. It looked like he was in bat the ball mode and just got close enough to the QB to make the tackle. It was too late for him to get low.
Yes I understand that part but I don't know why it's hard for him not to look up. That's just a fail tackling mechanic. BYU has three targeting calls so far this season. It's clear they aren't being taught to tackle correctly.

Toledo back on top. Go rockets!

JD4560

Nov 12, 2015
Still tied at 21 @ the half......Watch Toledo run out of gas and melt about the mid point in the 3rd quarter. The elevation out at BYU is a killer in the second half. That, and all those 25 & 26 year old dudes for BYU don't seem to get loose til after halftime.
Sure looks like Toledo is melting doesn't it. Not over yet but they haven't folded so far.

StratCY

Apr 22, 2011
Austin, TX
This Toledo QB is unreal right now. His receivers are catching everything. Hopefully our offense can look this good someday, this is a fun game to watch. First team to punt this half will lose.