Tom Herman

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
Look at Rhoad's record with Herman and without Herman.

Urban Meyer didn't **** can his national championship offense that he has won with at every stop. He hired Herman, handed him the playbook and said "learn this."

Who the **** said anything about Rhoads?

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
If you don't think Tom Herman is a good coordinator than no here can help you. With anything.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Look at Rhoads record with Chizik/McCarney players.

Thats the main thing more than who the coordinator was.

This.

Rhoads inability to lure better talent/build up the "reaches" in recruiting has done far more damage to this program than any of the coordinators have done during their tenures.

I understand when we don't get the big name stars, circles, and squares to fit into our program's holes, but I didn't expect us to be trying to push hexagon shapes into triangle holes either.

I apologize for referencing children's blocks/shape toys.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jantz and Barnett were also Chizik's players, no?

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Making OSU look good despite Meyer and Warnnier is the work of a true offensive wizard.

sadpizza.gif

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
This.

Rhoads inability to lure better talent/build up the "reaches" in recruiting has done far more damage to this program than any of the coordinators have done during their tenures.

I understand when we don't get the big name stars, circles, and squares to fit into our program's holes, but I didn't expect us to be trying to push hexagon shapes into triangle holes either.

I apologize for referencing children's blocks/shape toys.

Rhoads certainly has damaged this once proud program that he inherited from the great Gene Chizik.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I will say I think Rhoads' original staff at ISU was pretty good - you know when Messingham was nothing more than a Special Teams coach - but I don't really think Herman is some God send.