Tom Herman???

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
So I was looking at old stats and Houstons coach "Tom Herman" used to be our OC? Why didnt we hire him when Rhodes got fired? IMO he would be a terrific head coach here. I know campbell is doing a good job recruiting but what has he done for us on the field? Entrance music is cool for the kids but lets be real you dont win games with fireworks music... and Herman went 12-1 last year and is gonna beat Oklahoma so clearly he can win. JP must be a tavern hok because he keeps making bad hires and i think it might be on purpose now that i think about it... Hired Chizik (bad) Rhodes (good but then bad) and Campbell (recruiting is good but once again what has he done for us on the field???

GO STATE!!!

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
45577d1352536360t-i-hope-jellybean-does-not-come-s3-24005427.jpg

"What has he done for us on the field?"

You're right, Campbell hasn't won a game at Iowa State yet.

(he also hasn't coached a game for ISU yet, but let's not let facts get in the way here)

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
We were too slow by one year... Our offense under Rhoads was just not quite fast enough.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
It was a huge deal in Cyclone Nation when he left for Ohio State.

I have a Paul Rhoads and Tom Herman signed Iowa State football in my living room. Maybe one day Tom Herman's fame will render that ball priceless. Until then I look at it every day and want to toss it out the window.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
This thread has inspired me I was going to start a new thread but I'm going to post a nugget that I got from my hok friend in here. He's super solid on Bball info but his family is big time hok donors/have their names on buildings on campus in IC:

Cj Beathard has had two surgeries on the lower half of his body since January, people have been "joking" about his injuries and how he is always "playing hurt" but he's apparently in such bad shape that his draft stock would plummet if he got checked out by NFL doctors. Look for Beathard to come out ASAP today as he's one hit to the left hip or one hit to the right ankle away from being done for the season.

• Optimistic
Reactions: ICHawk24

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron