TG Mornin Delight
Heady Topper
Bells Black Note Stout
Pliny the Elder
Cantillon Classic Gueuze
Cantillon Kriek Lambic
Russian River Blind Pig IPA
Surly Wet

In a few days I'm going to Belgium so I'll be able to knock out the 2 Cantillon and maybe even throw in a Westvleteren 12.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I really want to try some Pliny also. We went to Disneyland last year, but I couldn't break away and get anywhere to buy some :realmad:

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I really want to try some Pliny also. We went to Disneyland last year, but I couldn't break away and get anywhere to buy some :realmad:

My sister is going to be near the brewery in a few weeks and I told her that she needed to ship me home some Pliny. She said ok but then said "What the hell, beer is beer". :confused:

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
If you want to try Pliny, or really anything, badly enough, get your hands on a few bottles of Pseudo Sue from TG (that'll get easier soon), and then go to BeerAdvocate's trade forums.
You can pretty much get whatever you want in trade for it.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
If you want to try Pliny, or really anything, badly enough, get your hands on a few bottles of Pseudo Sue from TG (that'll get easier soon), and then go to BeerAdvocate's trade forums.
You can pretty much get whatever you want in trade for it.

I think it has started that TG is easier to get. On Wednesday I heard they were delivering to Des Moines so I went to the place where I normally buy it and I picked up two bottles (maximum) and 24 hours later I went back and picked up the last 3 they had on the shelf. I've never seen TG last more than a few hours. I'll love it if someday you can go in and get it at anytime.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Westbrook Mexican Cake
Maine Beer Co. Lunch
TG Mornin Delight
Heady Topper
Bells Black Note Stout
Pliny the Elder
Cantillon Classic Gueuze
Cantillon Kriek Lambic
Surly Wet

In a few days I'm going to Belgium so I'll be able to knock out the 2 Cantillon and maybe even throw in a Westvleteren 12.

I've heard great things about Blind Pig, it would definitely be on top of my list as would Pliny,Surly and Three Floyds. Going on a camping trip to Decorah in a couple weeks so I'll be checking out what TG has. Also really looking forward to Torrent opening in Ames.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Westbrook Mexican Cake
Maine Beer Co. Lunch
TG Mornin Delight
Heady Topper
Bells Black Note Stout
Pliny the Elder
Cantillon Classic Gueuze
Cantillon Kriek Lambic
Surly Wet

I've tried all the ones I highlighted, and I would rank as such:
1. Surly Wet (2012 batch was arguably the best beer I've ever had)
2. Heady Topper
3. Russian River Pliny the Elder
4. TG Mornin' Delight
5. Maine Beer Co. Lunch
6. Russian River Blind Pig
7. Bell's Black Note

All are fantastic. My wife got to try a Westy 12 that some patrons brought into the TG taphouse a month or two back, and she said it really was the best beer she's ever had.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
My full list of Wants is much longer than this, but here are ten:
  • Heady Topper
  • Pliny The Younger
  • Pliny The Elder
  • Supplication
  • Kuhnhenn Bourbon Barrel Fourth Dementia
  • Adam From The Wood
  • Everett Porter
  • Trappist Westvleteren 8 (VIII)
  • Hopslam Ale
  • Big Sound Scotch Ale - Bourbon Barrel Aged

I think Colorado is the nearest place to buy Russian River beers. Anyone know somewhere closer?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron