Top Restaurants in Minneapolis

CivEFootball

Sep 16, 2010
I know a lot of CF-er's here live up in the Twin Cities. I looking for two restaurant suggestions: 1 somewhere to treat housers for dinner and 2. somewhere to watch the UEFA championship (cheering for Barca)

Looking for suggestions on the Minneapolis side of the river and the closer to St. Louis Park the better.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
For football (soccer) go to Brit's Pub in downtown Mpls.
For great steak (on the expensive side) go to Manny's in downtown Mpls.
Hell's Kitchen is also very good food (Walleye BLT is great) and cool atmosphere, reasonably priced, and they have live music at night. It's located close to Manny's.

GMan

Jun 13, 2008
Minneapolis
While it is a chain, if you've never been to a Brazilian stake house, I highly recommend Fogo de Chao in downtown Minneapolis. It's expensive, but it is well worth the price. Also, I will second the recommendation for Manny's. Expensive, but fantastic.

For the UEFA game, in addition to Brit's Pub, you can also check out the Local in downtown. It's an Irish bar which set the world record for most bottles of Jameson sold in a year. The bar literally is stocked with rows of Jameson. It's quite amusing to see. It's where I watched the UEFA championship last year.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Hell's Kitchen is great for breakfast.

Tried out Ike's downtown a couple of weeks ago and it was just ok. Burgers and such.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Brit's might be the only bar that specializes in showing soccer. But you might have to be there really early as it will be jam-packed for the finals.

I second with Fogo de Chao. It's all you can eat restaurant - go to www.fogodechao.com and you can judge it yourself.

Ruth's Chris and Oceannaire are also good options. Both are in downtown MSP.

asmosis

Jul 6, 2010
Minneapolis
I'd say Chino Latino if you want a fun environment. If you want very good food, hit Zelo in downtown, or Bar La Grassa.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I'd say Chino Latino if you want a fun environment. If you want very good food, hit Zelo in downtown, or Bar La Grassa.

You can call ahead and get Roasted Guinea Pig at Chino Latino:

l

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
Brit's is definitely the place to be for UEFA, but you would need to get their early and probably wait inline. I'm not even a big soccer fan, but that place can get absolutely nuts and is a lot of fun.

As for restaurants, there are a ton of options. Check out the urban spoon link below if you wan to do some research, read reviews, see restaurants by locations (i.e. St. Louis Park).

Twin Cities Restaurants | Urbanspoon

*If you're willing to pay for a good meal, Manny's is a great steakhouse and has been a staple in Mpls. for a long time.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Oceanairre. Downtown. Fantastic.

ce1

Mar 23, 2006
Minnesota
My recommendations...we eat out a lot in Mpls:

1. Piccolo (43rd/Bryant S.) - Getting more and more awards every day, just swept the new restaurant award, Anthony Bourdain (No Reservations) just did a 10-minute piece on it, calling it his favorite new restaurant in the U.S. It's small, and you'll need reservations.

2. Lucia's (31st/Hennepin) - Was doing the locally grown thing before it was cool. Menu changes weekly, so you should check out their web site, as they only have 3 or 4 entree choices per night.

3. Bar La Grassa - Same chef as 112 Eatery, better food, in my opinion. Pasta/Italian based, very rich food.

Others good options: Manny's, Saffron, Corner Table

As far as soccer watching, someone already posted it, but Britt's in downtown Mpls is where the soccer crowd hangs out. But if you're looking for a good sports bar in the St. Louis Park area, the Park Avenue Tavern (Louisana/Highway 7) has a ton of TVs, a huge menu, and pretty good bar food. And a bowling alley in the back.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I'm heading to Minneapolis for a bachelor party in July. Any must see/must do's? Tentatively have a suite at the Grand Hotel downtown. Other good hotel options for suites downtown?

Anyone care to build on the bar/restaurant list already mentioned?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron