Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
They might benefit from getting out of the spotlight but her passing and the spacing she produced are going to be sorely missed.
Yeah totally different when teams start game planning for you and you don't have Clark taking a bunch of defensive attention as well as creating for everyone

• Agree
Reactions: 7Got6

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I have no idea if Iowa is going after Wolf, but Feuerbach's boyfriend is Poulakidas from Yale. He went off against Auburn in their first round upset, but I don't think he's in the portal

He'd likely be giving up a degree from Yale to transfer. The Ivy League has had so many in the portal recently due to the Covid year and their strict 4 to play 4 rule. Poulakidas does not have a covid year.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
He'd likely be giving up a degree from Yale to transfer. The Ivy League has had so many in the portal recently due to the Covid year and their strict 4 to play 4 rule. Poulakidas does not have a covid year.
Does Ivy league not get or do NIL too? Thought I had read that

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I have no idea what they have coming in, but they lose 4 starters this year and have 5 players as Seniors next year (Covid years are finally done after next year so no extensions). They only have 4 valid players on current roster for two years out (to their credit they honored a scholly to a girl who had career ending injury after signing). IF they can get players in the portal, not a big deal, but neither Iowa team has done anything noteworthy in the portal in any season yet.
It looks like they do have a top 10 recruiting class coming in. Four 4-star recruits.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

2024-2025 Men's Basketball Roster (10 on scholarship)​

2 scholarship "guards" currently (Harding and Dix).

Current 2024-2025 Roster:
Freshmen: 2 players

6'7" PF Cooper Koch
6'8" PF Chris Tadjo
Sophomores: 4 players
6'10" C Owen Freeman
6'0" PG Brock Harding
6'7" PF Pryce Sandfort
6'8" PF Ladji Dembele
Juniors : 2 players
6'5" SG Josh Dix
6'11" C Riley Mulvey (***) -- on Nov 13, 2023 it was announced that Riley was redshirting the 2023-2024 season. He was originally scheduled to graduate in 2025.
Seniors: 2 players
6'7" F Payton Sandfort
6'9" F/C Even Brauns--a Belmont transfer and Iowa City (IC West High School) native. On May 8, 2023, Iowa officially announced that Even had signed with the Hawks. He had 2 years eligibility remaining at Iowa.

4 Notable Walk on players:
Freshmen: 1 player

Trey Buchanan—6’1, 175, combo guard, Westfield, IN (Westfield HS). On March 18, 2024, Trey announced that he was joining the Iowa program as a preferred walk-on. Trey is the son of Indiana Pacers GM Chad Buchanan.
Sophomores: 1 player
Spencer Hutchison-- 6'4 guard who prepped at The Episcopal School of Dallas, TX. On Sep 21, 2023, it was announced that Spencer had been added to the 2023-24 roster as a walk on. Spencer graduated high school in 2022. It appears he did not do anything for the 2022-2023 academic year and took a year off. It was reported that "he appears to have taken a gap year after his senior year of high school & enters the program as a 20-year-old redshirt freshman." He is scheduled to graduate in 2027.
Juniors: 1 player
Carter Kingsbury--a 2021 6'5", 230 lb shooting guard; on July 10, 2021, it was announced he would be joining the roster as a preferred walk on. Carter ended up redshirting the 2021-2022 season so he is now scheduled to graduate in 2026.
Seniors: 1 player
Luc Laketa--a 2021 6'6" wing/forward; on May 13, 2021, it was announced he would be joining the roster as a preferred walk on.

I love the idea of someone being an un-preferred walk on. Like he just kept showing up to practice and eventually they gave him a jersey but nobody really likes him.

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
They do not. Strict amateur status. It's why Dartmouth unionized.

I always thought the Dartmouth deal was a bit unique due to the NIL-less situation at Ivy League schools and not as indicative of the broader NCAA schools' view on unionizing.

Reactions: GoHawks

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
I have no idea what they have coming in, but they lose 4 starters this year and have 5 players as Seniors next year (Covid years are finally done after next year so no extensions). They only have 4 valid players on current roster for two years out (to their credit they honored a scholly to a girl who had career ending injury after signing). IF they can get players in the portal, not a big deal, but neither Iowa team has done anything noteworthy in the portal in any season yet.
I also won't be convinced that Bluder is actually all that great of a coach. They'll be fine, but she's coached a team out of the first weekend of the tournament exactly two times without CC and one of those was when Gustafson was player of the year.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I also won't be convinced that Bluder is actually all that great of a coach. They'll be fine, but she's coached a team out of the first weekend of the tournament exactly two times without CC and one of those was when Gustafson was player of the year.

Gonna be a long year next year for Bluder because there are going to be a lot of teams chomping at the bit to run it up on Iowa any chance they can get.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Gonna be a long year next year for Bluder because there are going to be a lot of teams chomping at the bit to run it up on Iowa any chance they can get.

TAC01989.png

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Hopefully Audi gets a lot of coaching on the tricks they pulled on her this year to get cheap fouls like the set up to take a charge around the free throw line as they are bringing the ball up and the push hard, push hard, then flop move. A few teams got her on those this year because they were desperate to get her off the floor.

Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Hopefully Audi gets a lot of coaching on the tricks they pulled on her this year to get cheap fouls like the set up to take a charge around the free throw line as they are bringing the ball up and the push hard, push hard, then flop move. A few teams got her on those this year because they were desperate to get her off the floor.
I hope they have her develop a left handed hook from about 5-6 foot. This would make her dangerous going either direction. She is dynamite going right but still needs to clean a few things up going left.

Reactions: VeloClone