Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Explain? What do you see? What proof do you have that I am wrong? Sorry I dont see a group of guys that averaged 6.8 pts a game in 33 minutes jumping to averaging 14 pts a game. I dont see guys that didnt play at all last year making a jump to the starting line up and lighting the world on fire. Solo is a what you see is what you get type of guy I dont think he jumps to averaging a double double like some of you guys think.

Guards tend to be what they are going to be easier and earlier.

Big men, and especially one who was originally thought of as a project when we got him like Solomon, tend to hit more of a stride as upperclassmen.

• Agree
Reactions: clonefreek

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
Well, first it’s dumb because we don’t know what the roster will look like when the season starts.

Second, it’s dumb because you have no idea how players improve during the off season.

Third, it’s dumb because you’re agenda precedes you here.

1. So you know what the roster is going to look like then? Right you dont so as it sits right now I do not think we will win this game.

2. Youre right I dont, but I do know that Nick weiler babb is the best example I can think of. That is 1 player, we need 3 to do it in one off season.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
1. So you know what the roster is going to look like then? Right you dont so as it sits right now I do not think we will win this game.

2. Youre right I dont, but I do know that Nick weiler babb is the best example I can think of. That is 1 player, we need 3 to do it in one off season.

Another bad year to gouge people on reselling tickets. Am I right?

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Not renewing my tickets, and again I dont gouge anyone on tickets. Find me a season ticket holder that does not sell their tickets to games they cant go to for more money then they paid for them and I will show you an idiot.

There's a difference between selling them for profit and gouging.

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Not renewing my tickets, and again I dont gouge anyone on tickets. Find me a season ticket holder that does not sell their tickets to games they cant go to for more money then they paid for them and I will show you an idiot.
I try to go to almost every home game, maybe miss 2 at most. Been that way for almost 20 years.
If I can't make it, I give them away for free to friends that I know can make it and hardly ever get the chance to.

I make a good living, so treating someone I know doesn't make me an idiot, it makes me a good human.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
I try to go to almost every home game, maybe miss 2 at most. Been that way for almost 20 years.
If I can't make it, I give them away for free to friends that I know can make it and hardly ever get the chance to.

I make a good living, so treating someone I know doesn't make me an idiot, it makes me a good human.

You are misinterpreting what I said, you don't sell your tickets you give them away which is great, good for you. My comment was meant for those who sell the games they cant go to, which is what I do. When I lived in Ames I never missed a game but since I have moved to ankeny/Des moines it gets harder and harder to go to every game as the years go on. So last year I missed 9 games. I tried to sell them and couldnt so my complaint was that I couldnt sell my tickets this past season. I was trying to sell tickets for 10 dollars and couldnt where in the past I was able to sell those tickets for a much higher price (Still using the method of 10-15 dollars cheaper than stubhub) and I believe that it is because of prohm vs hoiberg. The atmosphere isnt as loud as it has been in the past and it isnt as energetic. Dont remember seeing students camping out this past season (could be wrong) like they did in the past.

• Useful
Reactions: VeloClone

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
What percent of our returning scoring got us off to a hot start last year?
What hot start are you talking about? Beating a bunch of non-conference non tournament teams? Or are you talking about the big 12? It was a sit out transfer from a dominant college program that turned into an all-american, and a top 30 recruiting class. None of which we have right now correct?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You are misinterpreting what I said, you don't sell your tickets you give them away which is great, good for you. My comment was meant for those who sell the games they cant go to, which is what I do. When I lived in Ames I never missed a game but since I have moved to ankeny/Des moines it gets harder and harder to go to every game as the years go on. So last year I missed 9 games. I tried to sell them and couldnt so my complaint was that I couldnt sell my tickets this past season. I was trying to sell tickets for 10 dollars and couldnt where in the past I was able to sell those tickets for a much higher price (Still using the method of 10-15 dollars cheaper than stubhub) and I believe that it is because of prohm vs hoiberg. The atmosphere isnt as loud as it has been in the past and it isnt as energetic. Dont remember seeing students camping out this past season (could be wrong) like they did in the past.
Everyone knows we played Kansas over break so camping wasn't going to happen.
We also had a TON of fans in Maui and a TON of fans go to the Alamo. I go to away football games frequently enough and we had over 10k fans in Lawrence.
Maybe fans are spending their money on that stuff too. When we had Hoiberg, the football program didn't nearly draw this interest.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
You have to replace 76% of our scoring, 61% of our rebounding, 72% of our assists, 61% of our steals and 60% of our blocked shots. Pretty big shoes to fill with young guys and a transfer

The talent we have coming back is more than capable of replacing those numbers. Better than that, I fully expect they will play better as a team without all the hero ball guys we had last year. That mentality alone is worth W's, sometimes more than statistics. See Maui Invitational from last year as Exhibit A.

• Agree
Reactions: flycy

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
Everyone knows we played Kansas over break so camping wasn't going to happen.
We also had a TON of fans in Maui and a TON of fans go to the Alamo. I go to away football games frequently enough and we had over 10k fans in Lawrence.
Maybe fans are spending their money on that stuff too. When we had Hoiberg, the football program didn't nearly draw this interest.
I believe the football program still averaged over 50k fans a game. The students were still given tickets to the kansas game but yes it was break.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I believe the football program still averaged over 50k fans a game. The students were still given tickets to the kansas game but yes it was break.
There's a big difference between going to football games in Ames and dropping $5k on a family to go to San Antonio or $8k for a couple to go to Maui.