Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Connor and Fran have questioned the integrity of the game officials. Think about that.
Fran chases officials into the locker room screaming "Cheating ************!" Consider that. Connor is constantly looking for fights and whining to officials. Consider that. Jorblo goes to bars, throws ice at people and gets his ass kicked. Consider that. No Iowa fan has any room whatsoever to start playing the "class" card because Fran and co. have none.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
They are still very important in this state. Look at attendance for wresting meets and women's basketball. Also, look at game threads on both boards for this year's competitions.

Meh, wrestling is still pretty niche, even in Iowa. I didn't know any Iowa fans that followed their women's program until Clark started playing there.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Connor could be as unlikeable of a privileged tool as there is in college sports. There was the one play he fouled Jones to the point Bob missed a 5 footer by like 2 feet. He got him on the wrist on the way up and the elbow as he shot. Despite that the kid was whining for a good 2-3 trips down the floor. Plus you are up 30 points, what's the point of complaining like that?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
View attachment 106646

Gabe stank up the joint, but Porkins shot for a poorer fg%. (the only Hawk not on autmatic it seemed).
A lot of Iowa's success last night was credit to the spirited effort from Rebraca. They shot an other-wordly % from 3 most of the night too, but Rebraca was a one-man wrecking crew out there. I don't think Ulis is very good and Sandfort kind of stinks, or at least has so far this year. Iowa got the best effort they'll get all year with no Murray in the lineup. Perkins had a tough game, but still went 50% (2/4) from three which is better than he normally does.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Connor could be as unlikeable of a privileged tool as there is in college sports. There was the one play he fouled Jones to the point Bob missed a 5 footer by like 2 feet. He got him on the wrist on the way up and the elbow as he shot. Despite that the kid was whining for a good 2-3 trips down the floor. Plus you are up 30 points, what's the point of complaining like that?
It's the damndest thing. Sometimes that bitchy whiny psyche really does work on refs. Not saying that's why we got drilled last night, but the refs were definitely not as willing to let Iowa State play last night, as we've seen some crews. Connor has never been called for a foul that he agrees with.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
What's up with calling him that?

Perkins was huge when it counted though, which was the first five minutes of the game.
Yep! The defense throughout the whole game was horrible but it started at the beginning of the game. It was Prohm level bad, which is why I doubt we see it become a trend. Lol

Iowa passed it very well and shot it even better. No matter who it's against if Iowa plays that well they will win 99% of the time.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Look how his parents behave. Are you surprised by his behavior?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
As good as Connor thought he was last night, he only went 2/7 from 3. Dropped his average to 47% on the year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
His antics with refs are truly unbearable. There was a time where he tried talking to a ref about the previous foul he made (and it was a foul) and the ref just wasn't having it. I was at the game so it was even worse because during breaks he's talking to the officials a ton as well.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Not really...he was averaging 10 pts 8 rbs going in which which is a marked improvement from last year.
He looks like a respectable Big 10 big right now, compared to being somewhat of a laughingstock last year in my opinion.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
As good as Connor thought he was last night, he only went 2/7 from 3. Dropped his average to 47% on the year.
Connor was good last night filling in for Kris. He only had one miss where I thought his shot was way off. The other misses just barely missed. His shot arc looks so much better this year with less line drives.

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
A lot of Iowa's success last night was credit to the spirited effort from Rebraca. They shot an other-wordly % from 3 most of the night too, but Rebraca was a one-man wrecking crew out there. I don't think Ulis is very good and Sandfort kind of stinks, or at least has so far this year. Iowa got the best effort they'll get all year with no Murray in the lineup. Perkins had a tough game, but still went 50% (2/4) from three which is better than he normally does.
Rebraca was a beast. Hats off to that kid (maybe I should say middle aged man).

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Connor was good last night filling in for Kris. He only had one miss where I thought his shot was way off. The other misses just barely missed. His shot arc looks so much better this year with less line drives.
The thing with him is that he cannot make contested shots and we let him get wide open looks. Connor is a good enough shooter to make wide open threes

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
What's up with calling him that?

Perkins was huge when it counted though, which was the first five minutes of the game.
He was a chubby freshman that seems to have thinned out a little. Or at least gotten more lean. I think that is where it originated anyway.

Help Support Us

Become a patron