Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
We've been over this. Providence was analytically one of the softest 4 seeds of all time. They were favored by 2 points over 13 seed South Dakota State!

There had never been a 4-seed as that short of a favorite in the R64 ever - Historical. Not crazy at all.

Again, you're arguing with your own here...

Analytics is still a ridiculous sole source. 27-6 16-6 quad 1/2 we will just never agree

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
Which was the year they were complaining about the brand of ball used?

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I think you have your years mixed up. Garza's dominance happened in the latter seasons of the Prohm era. I think his entire career was over pre TJ's first season in Ames, aka the Sweet 16 season. Not sure when the Brommelkamp thing happened, but guessing it would have been the Niang broken foot season.

No you are wrong, it happened when Iowa won the B1G tourney

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Which was the year they were complaining about the brand of ball used?
Every year since the NCAA moved to the Wilson ball, which all jokes aside looks terrible and obviously Iowa is terrible at adjusting to it. But it is the ball they use so Iowa needs to do a hell of a lot better job playing with that ball. How they don’t practice with it or something is beyond me.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Every year since the NCAA moved to the Wilson ball, which all jokes aside looks terrible and obviously Iowa is terrible at adjusting to it. But it is the ball they use so Iowa needs to do a hell of a lot better job playing with that ball. How they don’t practice with it or something is beyond me.
That ball is one of the best basketballs out there honestly. It's just different than the Nike ball that they use and when they shot like crap they used it as an excuse.

Now, the Under Armour ball is trash. Can confirm that.

Reactions: Halincandenza

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
That ball is one of the best basketballs out there honestly. It's just different than the Nike ball that they use and when they shot like crap they used it as an excuse.

Now, the Under Armour ball is trash. Can confirm that.
The Adidas ball and the Under Armour ball should be fired into the sun.

I actually really like the new Wilson ball.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Chad trying to polish the turd they call Iowa MBB. Love the "11th upper division finish in the last 12 years" Wonder if they hang banners for that?

That is such a sad stat to throw out there. Ouch.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I think it is a decent stat. I mean it shows he has been very consistent while other programs may have gone up and down. he is a good coach, a really good offensive coach but I think his lack of defensive coaching and deficiencies in recruiting have held them back from being even better.
Low ceiling, high floor guy. He's a lot like Dr. Tom but never got Raveling's roster.

Last edited: