Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I don’t know. Old Sandfort, Freeman, and Dix isn’t a bad nucleus to build around. That build would require Fran having success in the portal he hasn’t had before though. And they need bench pieces. Seems like I’m arguing your point now actually. Lol.

It’s not a bad nucleus, but this ain’t 3 on 3. You need to find two more guys that can be on the floor to start. Then you’re going to have to find serviceable bench players.

Sandfort
Dix
Freeman
Sandfort
Harding
Dembele
Mulvey

That’s the roster, right? How do any of these guys look around and think next year won’t be anything but beat downs? At least three of those guys could find a home in the portal to not be miserable. He’ll, the younger Sandfort could probably ride the coattails of his brother to be a package deal. I’d be making calls to WVU right now inquiring about opportunities, cause those three would fit beside Tucker nicely in that system.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Here's an article on the state of the program, as written by a professional journalist, and almost certainly not a 4th grader

"The NCAA Tournament has become so big and powerful that it is now almost impossible to have what is considered a successful season without having participated in it.

There are undoubtedly some Hawkeye fans that will consider the Iowa men’s basketball team’s 2023-24 season a disappointment because Iowa failed to make the NCAA Tournament for the first time in five seasons."

• Haha
Reactions: GTO and Cytown12

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Here's an article on the state of the program, as written by a professional journalist, and almost certainly not a 4th grader

"The NCAA Tournament has become so big and powerful that it is now almost impossible to have what is considered a successful season without having participated in it.

There are undoubtedly some Hawkeye fans that will consider the Iowa men’s basketball team’s 2023-24 season a disappointment because Iowa failed to make the NCAA Tournament for the first time in five seasons."
Lol! Yeah, it's only been that way for, like, 30 years. They fired Tom Davis because he didn't win enough in the tournament.

Reactions: Cytown12

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
No way he is going there. Iowa is a perfect system for Sanfort. He is not going there unless WV offer him good NIL deal
Might be a good system but if you’re a shooter you need some guards around you who can draw some attention away from you. Right now they don’t have much of that.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Might be a good system but if you’re a shooter you need some guards around you who can draw some attention away from you. Right now they don’t have much of that.
He is shooting anyway if he is open or not. Not many coaches will let him shoot as many times as he does.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
It’s not a bad nucleus, but this ain’t 3 on 3. You need to find two more guys that can be on the floor to start. Then you’re going to have to find serviceable bench players.

Sandfort
Dix
Freeman
Sandfort
Harding
Dembele
Mulvey

That’s the roster, right? How do any of these guys look around and think next year won’t be anything but beat downs? At least three of those guys could find a home in the portal to not be miserable. He’ll, the younger Sandfort could probably ride the coattails of his brother to be a package deal. I’d be making calls to WVU right now inquiring about opportunities, cause those three would fit beside Tucker nicely in that system.
They just lost the only legitimate PG they had to the portal. Without a plug and play replacement, that team is cooked.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
No way he is going there. Iowa is a perfect system for Sanfort. He is not going there unless WV offer him good NIL deal
I could see it actually. I would imagine there's still a pretty solid relationship there with the Waukee playing days together and the DeVries family.

Reactions: clonehome

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

You need a very broad and loose definition of “professional journalist” in order for Pat Harty to qualify.

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
Fran to Patrick, “Damn it! You’re not done yet! You can use your COVID year. I can’t recruit or get anyone from the portal. I’m going to pencil you in as our starting point guard for next year.”
PMAC is being projected to be the number 1 pick in the Latvia Industrial D league.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: NWICY and Cy4Lifer

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Yo dawg, me n deez sic tats got dat 'tention.
- Brock Harding