Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Pretty favorable schedule draw for Iowa. The 3 teams they play twice are projected bubble teams. Home draw includes a couple cupcakes (Minnesota and Penn State). Road slate is pretty difficult... The "worst" team on paper is Illinois who is definitely not done in the portal.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Pretty favorable schedule draw for Iowa. The 3 teams they play twice are projected bubble teams. Home draw includes a couple cupcakes (Minnesota and Penn State). Road slate is pretty difficult... The "worst" team on paper is Illinois who is definitely not done in the portal.

Iowa is going to be pretty bad again next season, so I’m not sure it really matters.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Iowa is going to be pretty bad again next season, so I’m not sure it really matters.

I think they'll be pretty similar to this past year so scheduling definitely matters. The problem for them is, the league as a whole projects much better. There were a lot of free wins in the Big 10 last year and teams like Maryland, Michigan, Ohio State, and Indiana will not be abysmal again. UCLA is loaded. Tbd on other new Pac-12 arrivals.

Obviously some roster movement yet to happen for a lot of teams including Iowa.