Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Sometimes, yes, lol. There are a lot of really bad talent evaluators in the NBA.
Right. You get outside the lottery even in deeper drafts than this one and it is pretty much a crap shoot. Look at Kris Murray this past season. He was still a first rounder but not lottery and was pretty much unplayable the first half-3/4 of the season even on a **** Trailblazers team. Talen Horton Tucker would be another example as well, he was a surprise one and done here for us and went early 2nd round only to become a journeyman who barely played down the stretch this past season as well.

Both are better players than Sandfort. LOL

• Agree
Reactions: Texbudman

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
So the NBA and the NBA experts who are projecting him at a certain draft pick don't know as much as you on the player? Never understood that.

To be fair, the NBA scouts and experts seem to miss a lot... They aren't as stubborn on older kids as they were 5 years ago. They were OBSESSED with the 18-20 yr old projects and a lot of really good college players never even got a shot.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
To be fair, the NBA scouts and experts seem to miss a lot... They aren't as stubborn on older kids as they were 5 years ago. They were OBSESSED with the 18-20 yr old projects and a lot of really good college players never even got a shot.

Sounds like you are talking about Iowa Media folks.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Yes and even they are saying he is a good early 2nd round draft choice in his 3rd year. It's not like he is a one and done. BTW the one that confuses me the most is Johnny Furfey. I didn't see him do anything that would lead me to believe his is a high level NBA player after one year.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Yes and even they are saying he is a good early 2nd round draft choice in his 3rd year. It's not like he is a one and done. BTW the one that confuses me the most is Johnny Furfey. I didn't see him do anything that would lead me to believe his is a high level NBA player after one year.
I agree. Furphy seems like a guy that could definitely use at least one more season of college basketball, but the NBA seems more and more content to draft guys like this early and let them develop on their benches and in G League.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Sandfort will need to put on about 30 pounds of muscle to fit in the NBA. Right now, CC could do one of her patented "shove a player to the floor" moves on him.

Reactions: Remo Gaggi

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
So the NBA and the NBA experts who are projecting him at a certain draft pick don't know as much as you on the player? Never understood that.
Less than 50% of players outside the lottery have long careers and half that if they are a second round pick. Saying he might be a second round pick isn't saying much, especially in this draft. Teams are hoping to get lucky at that point. We'll see if someone even thinks he is worth a long shot. I have my doubts.

• Agree
Reactions: CyNews and Acylum

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Sandfort will need to put on about 30 pounds of muscle to fit in the NBA. Right now, CC could do one of her patented "shove a player to the floor" moves on him.
A CC cross over drive would have Sandfort either grabbing her as she went by, or fumble footing on his butt on the floor.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Right. Her spring-loaded chicken wing maneuver would send him bouncing off the floor. I’d somewhat enjoy seeing that.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Am I missing something? I’ve seen the Sandfort kid play 6-8 times now, and he’s not even a good player, let alone an NBA player. He’s a spot up shooter who’s not even very good at that. He doesn’t do anything else even average. He’d play 5 minutes off the bench at most for ISU.

Reactions: CyNews

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Am I missing something? I’ve seen the Sandfort kid play 6-8 times now, and he’s not even a good player, let alone an NBA player. He’s a spot up shooter who’s not even very good at that. He doesn’t do anything else even average. He’d play 5 minutes off the bench at most for ISU.
That isn't saying much. Omaha Biliew will probably be on an NBA roster within the next couple years and he couldn't find minutes playing for TJ either

Texbudman

Nov 20, 2012
Arlington,Tx
Right. You get outside the lottery even in deeper drafts than this one and it is pretty much a crap shoot. Look at Kris Murray this past season. He was still a first rounder but not lottery and was pretty much unplayable the first half-3/4 of the season even on a **** Trailblazers team. Talen Horton Tucker would be another example as well, he was a surprise one and done here for us and went early 2nd round only to become a journeyman who barely played down the stretch this past season as well.

Both are better players than Sandfort. LOL
a journeyman with over 33 million career earnings

Help Support Us

Become a patron