Toughest class on campus...

Cyznutz

Jan 6, 2009
Illinois
ExSp 501, but I think it’s now HHP 502? Exercise and physical education research stats, whipped my ***...I was lucky enough to get a C!

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Chem 332 for my money. Crap load of synthesis and precise steps to get points.

I did not think that was too hard. I had a lot more trouble with com sci 331, which is set theory and algorithms.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but when I was there a few years ago the Library 160 class was 'officially' the hardest class with the most failures per semester!! Most of the time from people who simply forgot to turn their **** in on time...

Toughest class for me was the Calc 265, and I think the math classes are highly dependent on teacher. I had some middle american guy who couldn't teach worth a crap and hated to give partial credit! On the semester final the average score (no joke) was a 12%, with even a few 0%!!

Cyznutz

Jan 6, 2009
Illinois
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but when I was there a few years ago the Library 160 class was 'officially' the hardest class with the most failures per semester!! Most of the time from people who simply forgot to turn their **** in on time...

Toughest class for me was the Calc 265, and I think the math classes are highly dependent on teacher. I had some middle american guy who couldn't teach worth a crap and hated to give partial credit! On the semester final the average score (no joke) was a 12%, with even a few 0%!!

Yeah, but I thinks more because of the test out option they have for the class. People show up and think they can ace it and fail!

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Library 160 for sure... I got F in Lib 160. It is the only F I have EVER received in my life. I still have F on my transcript to this day.

MidwestZest

Apr 22, 2006
Sycamore, IL
Here's another vote for Chem 325. Eff that. Even worse when lecture is made difficult because the professor's 'v's, 'r's, and 'nu's all look the same on the chalkboard....

DoOrDie

Nov 3, 2010
Chem 332 wasn't that bad. Biochemistry was far more difficult, but still interesting nonetheless.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
p chem was the hardest class I recall taking...actually forced me to study & learn a few things, and I found both semesters interesting

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
So what is tougher curriculum? Aerospace, Vet, Chem, Electrical, Nuclear or Library Science?

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Any class taught by a foreigner!! Had a foreign chick teach my stat class and couldn’t understand a damn word she said! It sounded like the farmer dude from Waterboy, but in a chicks voice!
This up coming semester, I'm taking a history course taught by Liu Xiaoyuan. I've never met him, so I don't know anything and can't say anything about him, but don't ask me how to pronounce his name.

clone4good

Oct 27, 2009
fo sho! I couldn't find none of that **** in library

Got my vote! passed it by the EXACT number required. (And I was cheating off an asian kid sitting next me! If it wasnt for him..... I think i would still be taking that class.)

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
So what is tougher curriculum? Aerospace, Vet, Chem, Electrical, Nuclear or Library Science?

Chemical Engineering. (I might be a little biased.) Other than that, Aerospace. EE can be hard, depending on the electives you take. Nuclear is tough, but no tougher than taking most regular engineering thermo classes. And are we talking Library 160 or getting a degree in Library Science? Because I spent a total of 2 hours on 160, including taking the test, and got an A.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ

I think the bolded part is true. I taught Math at ISU for 5 years, and I had my highest pass rate in Math 265. Since it's essentially the same concepts as Math 165/166 with an extra dimension thrown in, I found if I could make the students see that connetion it was pretty easy for them. Usually by 265 the students understand the amount of work necessary to succeed in Math classes, so there are fewer unmotivated/lazy students.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
If you bring feelings to History 594, you'll regret it.

The subject wouldn't be that difficult, except of course, the prof chose to turn a research seminar into a reading seminar as well.

I just love that the paper I was supposed to work on all semester is reduced to a 3-day jam-it-out project. Outstanding.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Library 160 for sure... I got F in Lib 160. It is the only F I have EVER received in my life. I still have F on my transcript to this day.

You realize that this is a pass/fail class, so you either pass it or you don't.

This is what I am thinking. Lots of talk about it being your only F EVER or only spending an hour on the class and getting an A in this thread. I don't know if it has changed but when I took it (around 03-04) it was pass/fail.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
English 319 with Brottman. Literary theory. I know most of you guys are on the math side of things, but has anyone had a class with Brottman? Dude was demanding.
Is he the guy that always talked about getting his phd when he was 20? Dude was a ****.