Transfer Portal Tracker

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I'm not saying it is automatically going to happen with the OSU wideout, but I do think that even in the era of NIL, guys with dreams of playing at the next level want to play and not necessarily get buried on a depth chart at OSU.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I'm not saying it is automatically going to happen with the OSU wideout, but I do think that even in the era of NIL, guys with dreams of playing at the next level want to play and not necessarily get buried on a depth chart at OSU.

That’s why so many basketball teams are more competitive with the big boys these days. The 7th and 8th guy on the bench on a high major can transfer and be the star at a little bit lower level school.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I have been discussing this very topic for some time. In spite of NIL, there is a great "evener " going on that will be interesting to assess with hindsight down the road. Purdy has firmly established that u need reps to get to the next level. Specially, at the qb position, blue bloods will no longer warehouse 5 star kids for 2-3 years in hope of playing their junior or senior year. They will move on or not even go there.

We have several players each year that are generally going down a level for PT. This activity will explode in the next 2-3 years.

Unbridalied transfers and NIL rules ramifications will be far reaching, but ultimately will.lean toward pro sports and greater parity, imo. The blue bloods will be fabulous on first teamers, but will fall off dramatically talent wise in the ensuing years for the bench talent.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I would be surprised is Hansen is not the designated #2 and they have full confidence in him if Sama gets hurt. He got some real reps. Outside looking in, I think the coaching staff sees Hansen as just a step behind Sama.

The concern is if either of them have a season ender. Then you have depth issues, and Harris and question marks become important.

If the OL takes another step forward, there will be enough run game, and plenty of pass game, and it will be just fine regardless.

The problem is they DON"T give Hansen any carries outside of garbage time. 99% of the time he comes in it is going to be a pass play and he is in for his blocking.

Other DC's know this too.

He is perfectly capable of getting carries and I wish they'd give him carries.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
The problem is they DON"T give Hansen any carries outside of garbage time. 99% of the time he comes in it is going to be a pass play and he is in for his blocking.

Other DC's know this too.

He is perfectly capable of getting carries and I wish they'd give him carries.
I believe Hansen's HS numbers in MN surpassed Sama's HS numbers in Iowa HS football, and think it was at a level of schools with similar enrollment, too. He looks to have what it takes to get more opportunities to tote the rock. Plus we just need to split carries in today's world, too. Helps with depth and also if one has the hot hand, is doing better due to whatever conditions.

Reactions: isufbcurt

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
gaines to rhode island.

blake thompson in the portal.

would love the OSU WR but think our money would be better spent on OL...

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the portal is only open until Thursday? I’d expect Rodgers knows where he’s going already
Your post implies he has to commit somewhere by Thursday. If so, that is not the case. Thursday is just the deadline to ENTER the Portal.

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone