Transfer Portal Tracker

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I see Charles Wright (former QB commit) is transferring from Texas. He might have been 5th on the depth chart this year at Texas.
I had noticed he was the QB during their games wearing a headset and holding a clipboard. Those guys never play.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA

Outstanding.
I had went out to look at Wisky's portal players & almost posted those here & said there has to be some potential good portal targets but withheld as I did not want to jinx anything. Coaching staff is doing yeoman's work so far in the offseason & hopefully we can finish it out with some more help both sides of the ball.

Last edited:

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Looks like Barrett was the 3rd string center, manage expectations.
More the merrier & let the competition lead to improvement. He's a more mature player & hopefully his strength matches his size & even in a down year maybe it was more the new coaching staff showing loyalty to new players being brought in, so if the young fella wants to buy in for a couple years, give it his all & improve, then let the chips fall where they may. Plus if Clanton wants him, I want him. Hoping for a late add hit, like Josh Knipfel was out of Iowa Western.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
What I think and do not know;

I believe our NIL $ goes to retain players. Anybody we get in the portal needs to be a “freebie.”
So, do not look for studs
This is mostly true for football, not necessarily for basketball though. However for both sports, if a recruit brings up NIL or makes that a point of emphasis during their recruitment, both coaching staffs will more or less tell them they’re not a fit for the program.

I think what we’re seeing with football (and to an extent basketball as well) is guys who aren’t hunting for a bag but want a chance to play in a major conference because they either haven’t gotten their opportunity yet or are wanting a fresh start and a second chance

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
This is mostly true for football, not necessarily for basketball though. However for both sports, if a recruit brings up NIL or makes that a point of emphasis during their recruitment, both coaching staffs will more or less tell them they’re not a fit for the program.

I think what we’re seeing with football (and to an extent basketball as well) is guys who aren’t hunting for a bag but want a chance to play in a major conference because they either haven’t gotten their opportunity yet or are wanting a fresh start and a second chance
Totally agree
Once here there will be NIL OPPORTUNITIES.
Activities Probably measured in hundreds or maybe thousands of dollars.
The reported “third string “ center from Wisconsin might prove to be a very solid player. I expect he is hoping for a chance. Whatever the reason I hope it works out for all parties. Go clones!