Transfer Portal

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That one got hit hard by the winds and hail. Lost power for awhile. Wife works with a couple who lives on that road and grew up on it. You sure you weren’t drunk and it was just some really hairy dude.
While that is a fair assessment, I wasn't drunk. I honestly swear that it was a small black bear on the north side of the road in a makeshift cage.

Reactions: BCClone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Thanks, now I’m gonna have to ask the folks in the elevator what the hell is going on about that
I do have a different kind of story about a time I was up by Rake (or could of been that other little town near the border) but I was most definitely either drunk or stoned to the bejeezus. High school days, man. Was sowing some wild oats...

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I do have a different kind of story about a time I was up by Rake (or could of been that other little town near the border) but I was most definitely either drunk or stoned to the bejeezus. High school days, man. Was sowing some wild oats...
Where are you from again? Now you’re starting to get up from where I came from

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
A little wind & rain. No hail. Looks like our Lone Rock farms got an inch plus of rain. Not sure on hail up there. I put everything inside, that usually keeps the bad weather from happening!!
My parents started farming in Lone Rock until they moved East. Grandparents were from Burt and Bancroft. All kinds of family up that way.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
My parents started farming in Lone Rock until they moved East. Grandparents were from Burt and Bancroft. All kinds of family up that way.
You must be a Vaske or related to a Vaske. That name covers 1/2 the families in that area.

We farm quite a bit of ground between Lone Rock & Burt

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
The only bear I know of was one on the side of HWY 44 outside of Panora. The good ol’ days when pet bears were allowed without special permits.

Reactions: BirdOfWar