Transfers and de-commits

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Fwiw….. IMO Freyler > Young as an overall football player.

In addition..…. if all this greed ends up destroying college football, it would be sad, but I for one won’t lose an ounce of sleep over it.

It’s still a game and isn’t important in the scheme of things…. just ask those in parts of Kentucky right now. If they all want to destroy a great thing…. so be it…. life will go on.

I already watch WAY less football than I used to…. basically just ISU games at this point.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I follow recruiting mostly through headlines or an occasional tweet, so I don't know whether it was known or speculated that they would move together.

No idea. But I guess that means Stogner was Team Rattler.

I follow college football way more than I should, watch alot of games, but i had to look up who South Carolina had for a coach currently. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: cyc26 and Trice

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
It is called trust the process! The problem is the players no longer trust the process. With 19 starters returning this year the best we could do is 7-5. Coaching was a major cause of poor play. Next year will be a disaster.

What kind of disaster? This pathetic post-level disaster? Or, something worse?

ChamplinCyclone22

Dec 17, 2020
While I agree with NIL and transfer portal I also saw this coming as an overall negative for ISU. By the time the NCAA or another regulatory body gets around to level the playing field schools are going to get decimated and I'm afraid ISU is one of them.
Why would you agree with something that decimates ISU? This should never been passed without the infrastructure in place to not allow it to be massively abused.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Why would you agree with something that decimates ISU? This should never been passed without the infrastructure in place to not allow it to be massively abused.
It is the right thing for the individuals and yes I wish some sort of rules were in place before this happened but do you continue to deny players what is fair just because the powers that be can't get their **** together?

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwister

CycloneBax

Nov 9, 2006
Ankeny
Maybe some of you can clarify this or maybe I missed it previously.

We were recruiting 21 players prior to losing 11 to the transfer portal. With the cap at 25, we may have as many as 7 or more extra scholarships we can't give out.

Can we just give them to existing walk-ons in the programs? Do they have to be walk-ons for at least a year?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The extra covid year is a much bigger deal that NIL right now, tons of kids all over the country who though they would be starting will be sitting another year because someone decided to use their super senior year. Can't blame them for moving on. The next few years are going to be wild for everyone.

Reactions: isutrevman

CycloneBax

Nov 9, 2006
Ankeny
I really don't care for that 25 cap rule (that i didn't know existed)
I think they should always allow to back fill a person that leaves.

Yes. This makes it more interesting as ISU is not in as bad a shape as many other schools. There simply isn't enough scholarships for all the players in the transfer portal. Not sure what happens? Do they dropout of college or start paying tuition. I imagine many are going to be left out in the cold.

Williowa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2016
Another notable thing, remember before bball started when Xavier F and Blake H quit/left/got kicked off, many thought it was signs of issue... 10-0 number 11 team in nation....

CMC is no Otz, he can't just find some random guys off the street and make a top 10/11 team out of them!