Travel to K-State game?

TheSammo

Nov 23, 2012
I know it’s down the calendar but I’m trying to figure why I wouldn’t go to the K-State game on Thanksgiving weekend. Anyone else going? Ticket or tailgate recommendations? Manhattan is close enough I might even drive the tailgate van.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
how good do they draw at their stadium? Would any tickets be in crappy seats? Last time I went to a KSU game there was some asshat fan screaming in my ear every time they did something right. Even the KSU fans thought he was an idiot. Just begging for me to punch him.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I think we're going to make the road trip. It'll be my wife and our 2 year old daughter, so I want to stay away from the ruffians, if possible. Does anyone know which sections our AD's visitor tickets are in? I'd like to find something on StubHub near those sections, if possible. If K-State continues to struggle I'm guessing attendance for them won't be great on T-Giving weekend.

I'm hoping we're going for at least our 9th win by that time.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
When we bought tickets through the AD in the early 2000's (the Seneca debacle) we were in section 430, second from top row, end of row seats. We were BEHIND their big screen.

When we went with CF a few years ago, we were in endzone seats, but I don't remember which end.

bill-snyder-football.png

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Visitors section is in the southeast corner. Section 19 is part (all? Don't know) of it.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
The lots at K-State are just okay, nothing going on like Ames. You will not be in a paved lot. I would suggest skipping it and getting to the So-Long Saloon as early as possible. Finish up with a stop at Varsity Donuts and you'll be set.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
We sat in 19 two years ago, seemed like the visitors’ block was in 20. In fact, I was gathering our things at our feet to go celebrate with the other Clones when the stadium erupted. “What did I miss?” “Not good, Dad...” Parking was in grass, we got cookies w our parking fee.

We stayed in Liberty, Super 8 was super cheap (and kind of sketchy...) But there’s a Waffle House and Freddy’s on the other side of 35.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Manhattan is actually a fun college town. Aggieville is a good time.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Last time we were there our tickets through the AD were in section 16 with the ISU band in section 17. Haven't decided on going or not this year but it is tentatively circled on our calendar.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Dress like the game was in Ames. When the north wind starts to howl, Snyder Stadium can become frigid in a hurry.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
He still posts...but I got the impression he wasn't staff anymore - job change, maybe? I could be wrong...just bits & pieces I picked up here & there.

What’s up! Yes, I switched jobs in May.

The person in charge and kicking ass is @kaci . She’ll be the one you’ll want to ask about any bus trips going forward. I’m not sure she can drink as much as me during a 5 hour bus trip but she is a much much much better host and party planner!

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
I will be there with family (wife is KSU alum). The tailgating scene is ok. The best tailgating is in the parking lots right next to the stadium. However, these lots are reserved for donors. Several other lots are scattered around. We usually end up tailgating on our own in one of the satellite lots. I'm hoping for a tailgate-friendly start time.

+1 on the north wind in that stadium. Brrrrr

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
What’s up! Yes, I switched jobs in May.

The person in charge and kicking ass is @kaci . She’ll be the one you’ll want to ask about any bus trips going forward. I’m not sure she can drink as much as me during a 5 hour bus trip but she is a much much much better host and party planner!
Oh, you ARE still staff (per your mini-bio under your pic)? I thought you were just a normal schmoe like the rest of us now. :) You're not planning parties, you're not on the podcast (or are you?)...what are your duties now?