Travis and Tim

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

HuxleyClone

Sep 16, 2007
This morning, Tim flat out said that they cover Iowa more because there are more Iowa fans and listeners in the area. (smart business decision I guess) They were also saying how Iowa dropped 10 passes which contributed to the loss. That is true, but there was no mention of the fact that ISU easily could have been up 21-3 at half and that Jantz overthrew three wide open receivers. I decided this morning that I'll listen to 1700 instead from now on.

The final caller called them on the fact that all they wanted to talk about was Iowas miscues-like ISU played as well as they possibly could. Then he called them a couple of Hawk Homers. Perfect!

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Yeah, I understand focusing on Iowa because of the breadth of the fanbase, but that doesn't mean you have to be completely against ISU. That stems from being Hawk fans. Not just catering to the market.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Yeah, I understand focusing on Iowa because of the breadth of the fanbase, but that doesn't mean you have to be completely against ISU. That stems from being Hawk fans. Not just catering to the market.

Tim's exact comment was "well guess what, there are ore Hawk fans in this State", which is very true....but guess what Timmy, your show thankfully does not broadcast to the whole State. Fact of the matter is, if you look at alumni numbers in the Des Moines area, they are pretty comparable. Furthermore, your show reaches the City of Ames, and does not reach Iowa City.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Tim's exact comment was "well guess what, there are ore Hawk fans in this State", which is very true....but guess what Timmy, your show thankfully does not broadcast to the whole State. Fact of the matter is, if you look at alumni numbers in the Des Moines area, they are pretty comparable. Furthermore, your show reaches the City of Ames, and does not reach Iowa City.
Well if there is one thing you and I have in common with Travis and Tim its we did as much preparation before today's show as they did.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Tim-"Iowa lost the game more than Iowa State won it". "If Iowa State finishes 4-8 and Iowa finishes 7-5 then Iowa has the better team".

Yes, there were 8 dropped balls, but Iowa State has a lot of to with that. Our unorthordox pass defense(hard to concentrate on a catch when you are expecting a swat or knockdown or hand at anytime) got in their heads. And what about all the mess ups on Iowa State? They didn't even mention it. For the second day in a row it was all how Iowa lost the game. Thats sports radio for you just 30 miles south of Ames.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
This morning, Tim flat out said that they cover Iowa more because there are more Iowa fans and listeners in the area.

He's dead wrong about that. It's a **** signal that barely gets out of the Des Moines area. The audience is roughly 50-50. He's from eastern Iowa and the other guy is from Omaha. They don't know **** about their own audience. Terrible ******* show.

LegendofRodA

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2011
Des Moines
I have come to the conclusion that Tim will say whatever is the most stupid, asinine comment just to get listeners to call in.

Tim Fisher = central Iowa's Skip Bayless.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
He's dead wrong about that. It's a **** signal that barely gets out of the Des Moines area. The audience is roughly 50-50. He's from eastern Iowa and the other guy is from Omaha. They don't know **** about their own audience. Terrible ******* show.

People are certainly able to stream their show online if they wish to subject themselves to torture...so technically playing to the state is not wrong.

I've streamed and listened to Murph/Andy on many occasions while I'm working, and I'm in DC.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Why do any of you listen to those two no-talent, pea-brained d-bags? Seriously. It's terrible radio. Basically the equivalent of two losers doing a podcast from their basement.

Reactions: CYlent Bob

southsideclone

Aug 20, 2012
des moines
Listened to the show a few times but decided listening to the Valley high school radio station on my am commute was more entertaining and informative. Had a buddy at work tell me today that the oversized one thought Iowa was the better team Sat and if they wouldnt have dropped 20 balls they would have won the game. Really? Thats the most talent available to put on the radio. The real question is, who puts theses idiots on the radio in central Iowa and thinks its good radio? Give me Miller and Deuce any day.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
KXNO's signal doesn't reach much more than 30 miles from downtown Des Moines in any direction.

That radius does not have a heavy Hawkeye lean. The State of Iowa? Definitely. The KXNO listening area? No way in hell.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Tim-"Iowa lost the game more than Iowa State won it". "If Iowa State finishes 4-8 and Iowa finishes 7-5 then Iowa has the better team".
QUOTE]

This proves he is clueless. ISU plays in a much tougher conference. Iowa plays in a crappy conference and happens to dodge 2 of the top 4 teams in the league. ISU finishes no worse than 4th in the Big 10 and I do not care who ISU plays.

I listened to Out of Bounds, Murph and Andy and Miller and Brinson. Those three shows all came to the same conclusion. The outlier was T & T. Even Jon Miller stated that ISU is a better team.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Arrived to this party a little late, but find it interesting.

So let me get this straight. This Tim guy says Northern Ill. would beat Tulsa by two scores, believes so strongly that Iowa is a better team and predicts Iowa would beat Iowa State before Saturday's game.

So according to this guy, when Iowa State won, Iowa State is STILL not the better team because the Cyclones didn't beat the Hawks bad enough?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Got to love stupid.

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
I haven't listened to these guys for months. When I did, they just rambled on irrelevant subjects. They're lost - the Missouri Valley doesn't have football as a conference. Bring back Deace and Miller.

cyraider

Aug 6, 2011
Tim should be removed from doing sports talk radio. He is boring to listen to and is very narrow minded in his views. He says that Iowa lost the game more than Iowa State won the game is rediculous. Iowa made it into the red zone two times the whole game and scored on both occasions. He talks about Iowa's dropped passes. After watching the replay I only saw two drops that were considered bad drops. We had at least four times when we had steps behind their defensive backs that could have gone for scores. That game should have been about a 30-10 score. The Hawks were just fortunate we made mistakes in the red zone and Steele was not acccurate on the deep ball.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Why do any of you listen to those two no-talent, pea-brained d-bags? Seriously. It's terrible radio. Basically the equivalent of two losers doing a podcast from their basement.

Except a podcast from a basement would produce better sound quality than their show...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron