Trouble logging in

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
For about a month now (about the last Firefox update) I can't log into this site from Firefox. I am apparently logged out AGAIN on that browser despite clicking the box that says keep me logged in. I've always been able to log back in. But now when I go to Firefox, which is my go-to browser, there is no log-in option. There's just nothing there. And the result is, I can't respond to any posts, which is probably a blessing to some of you.

I have to go to Chrome, which I have never liked, where I find the log-in option. Is there a solution to this?

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Your problem is another reason why everyone should have at least two browsers installed on their computer. I assume you use Windows 10, which I do not, so I will not attempt to tell you how to roll back the last Firefox update.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
For about a month now (about the last Firefox update) I can't log into this site from Firefox. I am apparently logged out AGAIN on that browser despite clicking the box that says keep me logged in. I've always been able to log back in. But now when I go to Firefox, which is my go-to browser, there is no log-in option. There's just nothing there. And the result is, I can't respond to any posts, which is probably a blessing to some of you.

I have to go to Chrome, which I have never liked, where I find the log-in option. Is there a solution to this?

I also use the latest version of Firefox and have not had any issues. To clarify, are you describing two separate problems - 1) being logged out of CF even though you haven't logged yourself out, and 2) that there is no log-in option available to you any longer?

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Your problem is another reason why everyone should have at least two browsers installed on their computer. I assume you use Windows 10, which I do not, so I will not attempt to tell you how to roll back the last Firefox update.

Nope, I have a Mac at home.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I also use the latest version of Firefox and have not had any issues. To clarify, are you describing two separate problems - 1) being logged out of CF even though you haven't logged yourself out, and 2) that there is no log-in option available to you any longer?

There are two separate problems. It kept logging me out for months, but the latest problem, not being able to log back in, has just started.

When I came to this website this morning, using Firefox, I saw I had two alerts and I was able to click on them and view the alerts, but when I went to respond to your post, there was no place to type the message after I clicked reply. I guess I thought that was why I was logged out, but apparently, that's not the problem if I can look at my alerts. I just can't reply to anything in Firefox. There's just a bold "Reply to this thread," that looks sort of like a headline, but no space to type anything. Then there's a button below that that says "reply to this thread" but that's just the button to post your reply. There's also a preview button to preview before posting, and then there's two boxes to click, watch this thread and receive email notifications. Again, no place to write anything.

And I see now when I go into my account, there's a place that says log out. So I'm apparently logged in, just unable to reply to any posts.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
There are two separate problems. It kept logging me out for months, but the latest problem, not being able to log back in, has just started.

When I came to this website this morning, using Firefox, I saw I had two alerts and I was able to click on them and view the alerts, but when I went to respond to your post, there was no place to type the message after I clicked reply. I guess I thought that was why I was logged out, but apparently, that's not the problem if I can look at my alerts. I just can't reply to anything in Firefox. There's just a bold "Reply to this thread," that looks sort of like a headline, but no space to type anything. Then there's a button below that that says "reply to this thread" but that's just the button to post your reply. There's also a preview button to preview before posting, and then there's two boxes to click, watch this thread and receive email notifications. Again, no place to write anything.

And I see now when I go into my account, there's a place that says log out. So I'm apparently logged in, just unable to reply to any posts.

I'm on Windows so I'm not familiar with Firefox troubleshooting on a Mac. But assuming it's reasonably similar I would just start with the usual troubleshooting steps. Disable all the add-ons you're using and see if you still have the same problem, then turn them back on one-by-one until you isolate the problem add-on. Turn off Enhanced Tracking Protection on the left side of the address bar. Try restarting Firefox in safe mode.

My guess is that it's an add-on or some of Firefox's tracking protections that are causing this. I had to disable Enhanced Tracking Protection in order to see tweets or Facebook posts that people post here.

Not sure how tech-savvy you are so perhaps you've done all those things.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Not the same as you, but every once in a while I’ll log in and it won’t “take,” and I’ll have to re-login.

Doesn’t happen every time, but still a little buggy

Help Support Us

Become a patron