True Detective - Season 2

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Farrell I get, but not sure about Vaughn. But I guess I probably would have said the same thing or something similar about Harrelson and McConaughey.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Farrell I get, but not sure about Vaughn. But I guess I probably would have said the same thing or something similar about Harrelson and McConaughey.

Agreed, I'm really on board with Farrell. I think this is the type of role he can thrive in. This will be outside Vaughn wheelhouse (which is essentially playing himself over and over) for sure but with the right direction and writing he could be a really good crime boss type.

Excited to see how the rest of the casting plays out, for no other reason than to see if Alexandra Daddario makes a triumphant return:yes:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Agreed, I'm really on board with Farrell. I think this is the type of role he can thrive in. This will be outside Vaughn wheelhouse (which is essentially playing himself over and over) for sure but with the right direction and writing he could be a really good crime boss type.

Excited to see how the rest of the casting plays out, for no other reason than to see if Alexandra Daddario makes a triumphant return:yes:

There are some wonderful animated gifs of that scene out there. A buddy told me.....

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
If he's Made/Swingers/Domestic Disturbance Vince he'll nail this role.

How have I never heard of this movie? Just watch the trailer. Looks good. I agree if he can play the fast talking sleazeball, it might work. But right now it is such a turn from the first season, I am skeptical.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Off topic sorta but I highly recommend "In Bruges" to anyone with doubts about Farrell. That's one of the best dark (really dark) comedies I've ever seen.

Mumbai1986

Mar 9, 2008
Arlington, VA
Farrell plays Ray Velcoro, “a compromised detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owes him.”
Vaughn plays Frank Semyon, “a career criminal in danger of losing his empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner.”

Help Support Us

Become a patron