Turner Gill to interview @ Kansas

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
So, we weren't good enough to get an interview, Turner? You didn't want to coach in the same conference as your alma mater, huh?

I'm betting the fact that his team was considerably worse this year than last signaled to him that he needs to strike while the iron is lukewarm.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Hiring a 5-7 MAC coach.... I dont know how well that would go over with KU fans... Actually they probably wouldnt care.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
So, we weren't good enough to get an interview, Turner? You didn't want to coach in the same conference as your alma mater, huh?

I'm betting the fact that his team was considerably worse this year than last signaled to him that he needs to strike while the iron is lukewarm.

That's what I thought when people first mentioned him, and it's much stronger now.

Stuff like this just makes you hope that he takes the job, and that we pound the snot out of them.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
KU will throw more money at him than we couldve afforded last year. They gave fat *** a huge raise a few years ago, so they will probably be overpaying for whomever they get.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Hiring a 5-7 MAC coach.... I dont know how well that would go over with KU fans... Actually they probably wouldnt care.

We hired an unprove untested head coach and it is working out well for us so far.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006

My thoughts as well. Have to get going while he is still even a known commodity.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
He could probably do decent there but I don't know that he would have instant success or necessarily get them back to the height of the Mangino era. Good hire for them considering they are much different historically than us.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
We're just reacting to the interview, when we didn't get one. You know that we love the jilted lover thing.

Yeah, makes very little sense to me. Weeks ago people were lovestruck when CPR proclaimed "I am so PROUD to be your coach!!!" Now we're acting like jilted lovers because Turner Gill, a guy that turned us down, decided to take an interview against a conference rival.

Help Support Us

Become a patron