Turnovers

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Nikki Moody admits she’s a bit of a gambler at point guard.

“If my teammates are working hard, I need to get them the ball whatever way I can,â€￾ Moody said. “Even if I have to make a risky pass, they need to get the ball.â€￾

I'll take it. If we lose a couple of possessions while working the ball in, so be it. We used to loose several possessions while holding and passing the ball waiting for an open 3 pt shot. I know BF hates turnovers, but, it seems a TO during a good percentage effort at a high percentage shot is worth it and it will improve.

Go Cyclones - Coe no match for Moody, ISU

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
I know Cole is a better defender, but Moody was on the floor and had some steals too.

As far as I'm concerned(my opinion doesn't count for much) when Cole was in, it looked like last year's stale offense. We can pound it in the post now, but come bigger and better teams, if Cole and Schroll aren't taking outside shots, it will look like and did look like the same stale offense of last year with everyone standing around.

I think this tells it all:

Cole - 14 minutes - 2 points, 2 assists

Moody - 25 minutes - 12 points, 5 assists (3-5 great passes that the shooter missed as well), 2 blocks, 3 steals, 2 threes and a couple blow by drives right to the hoop. (The outside/inside game).

Think BF is going to have to learn to live with 2 TO, and it sounds like he knows he is doesn't get the good without some of the bad.

Granted it was Coe, but the 5 starters left the game at ISU 8 Coe 7. Nikki and Brynn came in, and blew it up for 20+ straight unmatched points.

I think NM and BW have some work to do on defense, and when not to go for the steal....

But, was anyone else floored that with the new athletic freshman, we ran a press and got a steal?

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I think Moody will be the starting PG well before conference play starts. I think Cole is a solid PG and I don't mind seeing her out there as a backup, but she's too much of a scoring liability to play a lot of minutes. When we don't have shooters out there, the opposing defenses sag on our posts and then we struggle to find any open shots.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Whenever ISU has had a strong PG, someone (Fennelly, PG herself, or media) commented on the ability to see not only the current play but several passes ahead. First impression of Moody is that she already knows what she wants to do. Cole eventually knows, but seems not as quick in making the decision.