TV vs Texas

butlercy

Jun 1, 2007
I noticed this morning that Fox 28 in Cedar Rapids is airing tomorrow nights game which is great. I was suprised because it would mean they would have to air American Idol later. Turns out the Iowa State game is getting bumped to 10pm. I'm glad they're airing the game but why do you have digital channels if you are just going to the exact same programming on .1 and .2? Seems like a waste to me!

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I'm glad they're airing the game but why do you have digital channels if you are just going to the exact same programming on .1 and .2? Seems like a waste to me!

I often wonder that myself. It seems that many OTA broadcasters haven't figured out how to utilize their subchannels. However, in the case of a network affiliate, I wonder if they are only permitted to broadcast certain things at certain times on the subchannels in order to protect the ratings of the network programming.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I can't believe this isn't on fox sports or espn. The #1 team in the nation and they aren't on TV is pathetic.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
The UT sports website has a list of all affiliates in Texas and Iowa that will be showing the game.

Television clearances for Texas-Iowa State Men's Basketball game - TEXAS LONGHORNS Official Athletic Site

Jan. 9, 2010
In addition to the list of affiliate stations below, the game also will be carried nationally on the ESPN Full Court package.
Wednesday, Jan. 17 (Texas at Iowa State, 7 p.m. Central)
Dallas/Ft. Worth___________________ KDFI-TV
Houston_________________________ KTBU-TV
Denver____________________ Altitude2 Sports
St. Louis___________________ Charter St. Louis
Kansas City______________________ KMCI-TV
San Antonio/Austin________________ KCWX-TV
Austin__________________________ KBVO-TV
Little Rock, Ark.____________________ KARZ-TV
Des Moines/Ames, Iowa______________ WOI-TV
Omaha, Neb._____________________ KPTM-TV
Cedar Rapids, Iowa_________________ KFXA-TV
Davenport, Iowa__________________ WBQD-TV
Tyler/Longview, Texas_______________ KLPN-TV
La Crosse, Wis.___________________ KQEG-TV
Corpus Christi, Texas_______________ KXPX-TV
Amarillo, Texas____________________ KCPN-TV
Topeka, Kan.______________________ KSNT-TV
Columbia, Mo.____________________ KZOU-TV
Lubbock, Texas____________________ KMYL-TV
Sioux City, Iowa___________________ KPTH-TV
Odessa/Midland, Texas_____________ KOSA-TV
Binghamton, N.Y.__________________ WICZ-TV
Sherman, Texas____________________ KXII-TV
San Angelo, Texas__________________ KIDZ-TV

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
Just a heads up for Clone fans across the nation, DirecTV is running a free preview of ESPN Full Court this week, so check your Full Court channels and see if you can pick it up...

Last edited:

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
well guess its espn360 then i dont feel like waiting til 10 to watch the game.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
This is riduclous, have to go find a bar to watch this game live. Don't they usually show TV shows tape delayed and show games live. I don't care how popular American Idol is we are playing the number one team in the nation and should be able to watch it.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Anyone with Dish Network's multi-sports package can get the game on Altitude 2, channel 414 I believe.

Looking at my guide for tomorrow night, 414 is Rocky Mountain Sports and it's not airing the game. It is showing up on 445 as an Alternate Station, but I'm not sure if that comes in or not. On 458 it is showing as ESPN FC.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I didnt think they allowed the public broadcast of executions.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
This is riduclous, have to go find a bar to watch this game live. Don't they usually show TV shows tape delayed and show games live. I don't care how popular American Idol is we are playing the number one team in the nation and should be able to watch it.

Feel free to pepper KFXA with complaints. But they're a Fox affiliate, and American Idol is on. No way that ever gets moved for anything short of a national disaster.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Holy crap, I actually get to watch an ISU game from the comfort of my own couch in Omaha! This is only the second time all season, and of course, it's against the #1 team in the land. And the first was last week against Duke.

Hmmm..... maybe not being able to see them isn't such a bad thing afterall.

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
Feel free to pepper KFXA with complaints. But they're a Fox affiliate, and American Idol is on. No way that ever gets moved for anything short of a national disaster.

I did send them an email explaining my displeasure with the tape-delaying of the game instead of AI....won't make any difference but at least I voiced my opinion.