cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
tweet from Darren Rovell:

darrenrovell1

Big 12 says they can take 80% of what 2 leaving members would receive in the next 2 years as penalty money

So basically what we are saying is that the $10 mil per year CU and NU get for the next 2 years...$40 mil total x 80% = $32 million. All of this money goes to Texas, OU, and A&M??? Wow, the joke is on us...

Lastplace

Oct 23, 2006

darrenrovell1

Big 12 says they can take 80% of what 2 leaving members would receive in the next 2 years as penalty money

So basically what we are saying is that the $10 mil per year CU and NU get for the next 2 years...$40 mil total x 80% = $32 million. All of this money goes to Texas, OU, and A&M??? Wow, the joke is on us...

Sorry being late to the party here: just for clarification. On Beebes call he SPECIFICALLY said that all the money would go to OU, Texas and A&M?

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
1. There is no "Buyout." The penalties for leaving the conference are enforced by withholding revenue from the leaving teams. It's not like CU and Nebraska were each going to write a $10m check to the Big XII.

2. There's word/speculation that the ISU, KU, KSU, Mizzou and Baylor offered it as incentive to make sure Texas/OU/A&M stayed. There is no guarantee those three teams will keep it (though are you freaking kidding me? They'll keep it).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy with how this thing seems to be shaping up, but so many people are getting lost in the little details that they're ignoring the potential for the big picture. There are still a lot of unknowns at this point.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Sorry being late to the party here: just for clarification. On Beebes call he SPECIFICALLY said that all the money would go to OU, Texas and A&M?

I didn't listen to the call but its being reported that UT, OU, and A&M will get all of the "buyout money" from CU and NU. I assume penalty money = buyout money but I could be wrong.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
The money should have went into a Big 12 scholarship fund to be used equally among members. Hate the idea that we have little to no say in conference matters. What's the point in being in a conference for the money when you get screwed out of any available.

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
It's not a penalty nu and cu have to pay, it'd be a reduction in their conference revenues. Now the conference will hold on to that money, then nu and cu will sue and could be entitled to that money eventually. Maybe the 5 schools thought it'd be in their best interest to just let the big 3 ******** deal with that. If ISU gets 2 mil, then has to pay it back two years later it could be a real problem. Maybe that was a concession the 5 were willing to make to stay in a BCS conference.

CycloneNC2015

Jul 28, 2009
Urbandale

darrenrovell1

Arent we so glad we are here? Honestly in this new alignment we are going to struggle making it to bowl games and we certainly have no shot at a BCS game, not that we had a great chance before. If I had to do this over agian, I would have signed up for the revamped MWC. Atleast there we would have a decent chance at a Bowl game. This is obscene. There arent enough foul words to describe this situation and let me be the first to call for Pollards head to roll.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron