Twister Sister Summary - I’ve got nothing…

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
How did UCF have only 1 conference win coming into today? They were much better than I expected. Sure, they may have had an above average day, but it didn't seem fluky.

cincy_cy2014

Jan 19, 2023
Right you are - bracket updated to 10-8 with losses to KSU (2x), UT and OU. The fan in me thinks we have the talent to win one or more of those, but . . .
I think we beat OU. Gusters had a huge game against them so hoping Audi can echo those results.

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
Was deciding if I wanted to post, but going for it. Yesterday was a big disappointment, but I don't think what we are feeling is half of what the team is feeling. This season was going to have growing pains and we all thought they were farther along at the start of Big 12 season. However, they are showing those pains as of late. Us fans can be sad, angry, opinionated, or whatever feeling you are having but we need to be most supportive. They will get through this and finish how they are supposed to finish. Nitpicking (harshly at that) on certain players for their play or lack there of is uncalled for. With that being said, on to the next game and beat those ponies (Sooners).
P.S. combining with this thread and the game day thread postings.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Was deciding if I wanted to post, but going for it. Yesterday was a big disappointment, but I don't think what we are feeling is half of what the team is feeling. This season was going to have growing pains and we all thought they were farther along at the start of Big 12 season. However, they are showing those pains as of late. Us fans can be sad, angry, opinionated, or whatever feeling you are having but we need to be most supportive. They will get through this and finish how they are supposed to finish. Nitpicking (harshly at that) on certain players for their play or lack there of is uncalled for. With that being said, on to the next game and beat those ponies (Sooners).
P.S. combining with this thread and the game day thread postings.
Hopefully what I write isn’t perceived as nitpicking. Sometimes it’s tough to not sugarcoat what I observe as I don’t want to be a homer. You’re correct that the ladies and staff are the ones LIVING this. We just get to share the ride as outside observers.

Reactions: NWICY

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
Hopefully what I write isn’t perceived as nitpicking. Sometimes it’s tough to not sugarcoat what I observe as I don’t want to be a homer. You’re correct that the ladies and staff are the ones LIVING this. We just get to share the ride as outside observers.
I was not perceiving that at all. More others that point out in large caps for some player not to play. There is a difference between positive criticism and saying athletes don't belong.

I am curious why some players get more playing time than others, but I am not in huddles, I am not in practices. We have seen some changes happen, like who is in the starting lineup. But these coaches spend hours on watching and scouting game tape. Trust me when we are playing zone and the other team is hitting, I am screaming for them to change it up. But is that the zone isn't working, or the team isn't executing it correctly.
One thing that I meant to point out was just like we scout others; they are watching tape on us and the shift in the last five games is those teams figuring out how to exploit our defense and what to focus on our offense.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
We didn’t play zone the entire game. I saw at least three different defenses and none were overly effective.
I've noticed you have a really hard time telling the difference between man and zone. We played zone the entire game with some possessions of AJ shadowing Peterson. An easy way to tell is the guards up top are always passing dribblers and cutters to the other guard. If they were playing man, they follow the girl around the court no matter what.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I've noticed you have a really hard time telling the difference between man and zone. We played zone the entire game with some possessions of AJ shadowing Peterson. An easy way to tell is the guards up top are always passing dribblers and cutters to the other guard. If they were playing man, they follow the girl around the court no matter what.
Lesson #1 for you. There are different kinds of zone defenses.

• Funny
Reactions: StClone

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
How did UCF have only 1 conference win coming into today? They were much better than I expected. Sure, they may have had an above average day, but it didn't seem fluky.

I think they have played good at times despite their record. They only lost by 3 at Baylor. UCF just had the shooting game of their lives just like Tech did against us.

Yes in both those games our defense wasn't great but even if your open it's no guarantee that shots will go in.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
What's your point? We played zone the entire game. We do it nearly every game, and it gives up a lot of open looks.
Audi Crooks is a great player. Love her.
She limits our defense - we must play a lot of zone with her in the game to keep her near the basket. She cannot extend her defense.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Audi Crooks is a great player. Love her.
She limits our defense - we must play a lot of zone with her in the game to keep her near the basket. She cannot extend her defense.
I would agree. She is a traditional post in every sense of the word. Does have limited quick reaction mobility to extend outside the 7-10 foot mark. She’s the type of post we wanted defending players like Soares. 90% of the time it’s a non-issue unless a team like OSU decides to okay five guards. Then it’s trouble.