Twister Sister Summary - Who is Marist?

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I've seen Marist play in past years but not this year that I recall. In the past, they have struck me as being one of those pesky teams, kind of like Green Bay has been in the past.

ISU is going to have to play a good game to pull this one out, imho.

Good luck ladies!

Nomar33

Mar 14, 2011
Redd Foxx fan, in your opinion what did the teams your team had trouble with do that caused Marist difficulty?

you know I'm saying this in honesty - i dont know. Not many teams gave us trouble this year. In the two losses - St. John's - it was first game of the season and Allenspach played too timid, the St. Bonnies game we just missed shots... off night.

This team doesnt have alot of weaknesses - they don't panic (where down to a few teams early and still blew them out - in the NCAA tourney in 2008 they where down 12 to DePaul and ended game on a 32-2 run), they are very deep - so if you stop Allenspach others will pick up the slack, putting pressure on full court doesn't work (which from what you say is irrelivent with your team).

Some of this is going to come down to what we are given. It seems like you guys are a 3pt shooting team - we are also to a point but we can just as easily switch to an inside focus if we dont have the perimeter. We dont get into foul trouble because everyone is interchangable (yes Allenspach is our goto girl and leader but if stopped there are other viable options)

We lost the greatest player in not just Marist history but in the MAAC history in Rachele Fitz - 3 time MAAC player of the year - and all the MAAC coaches said that Marist is much more difficult to game plan because of the depth and versitility - cant stop just one person.

Marist is no longer intimidated by BCS schools (which can hurt mid-majors who are in the tourney for 1st or 2nd time) Marist is not just happy to be there. (for better or worse)

Honestly these two teams seem to have some similarities - it might come down to something as simple as who is making their shots.

RedFoxesFan

Mar 15, 2011
I wasn't at the St. John's game, but against St. Bonaventure we just did not score. 9 points combined between our top scorers and not getting offensive rebounds.

Last edited:

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
As the earlier post indicated it came down to who was making their shots, and that was Marist by far. That was helped by the defense played by each team, as Marist almost had free reign from the three-point line. A 42-27 rebounding advantage for ISU was the only thing that kept it as close as it was.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron