Twitter thread on right column

1238576073jb

Jul 4, 2021
Maybe this has already come up, but I couldn't find it anywhere

I deleted my Twitter acct yesterday (CFB season is over & I've wanted to do this for a while now... ) & I noticed the @CycloneFanatic twitter feed on the right hand column of the site has changed

Previously, it was chronological, but now tweets seem to be randomly ordered, or perhaps ordered by likes or engagement or something

Assuming this is a result of Elon's "tinkering", but thought I'd share in case you folks weren't aware of this

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Maybe this has already come up, but I couldn't find it anywhere

I deleted my Twitter acct yesterday (CFB season is over & I've wanted to do this for a while now... ) & I noticed the @CycloneFanatic twitter feed on the right hand column of the site has changed

Previously, it was chronological, but now tweets seem to be randomly ordered, or perhaps ordered by likes or engagement or something

Assuming this is a result of Elon's "tinkering", but thought I'd share in case you folks weren't aware of this

I don't and never have had a Twitter account. But I did lurk on occasion.

The accounts I looked at used to sort by recent. Now they sort by most likes.

So you essentially can't follow them anymore without registering.

I assume what you're seeing with Cyclone Fanatic is something similar.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloneG

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I noticed the weird Twitter/X area here on CF quite a while ago, about the time we were trying to figure out how to make our work links work because something was changed on that end and ours weren't working. I thought the CF area was OK, until I realized it always shows a post from Oct. 2019.