TwitterGate

Nomar33

Mar 14, 2011
just to be clear if i was an Iowa St alum i would have tweeted the same - heck i would shout it to whoever would listen - unless it was the team I was working for.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Exactly. Bunch of babies if theyre whining about that. She doesnt work for Marist.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
I love this blog site, seems Marist has the same "we get no respect" issues some ISU fans have.

We won pack the house(for a sell out of 3,000), we have the longest winning streak...

hard to give a blogger who can't get simple facts straight, like ISU plays in the Big 12....not the Big 10. Also love how the blogger says Marist has an athletic advantage over ISU. Blogger meet Chelsea Poppens.

Keepin' Track of the MAAC: No Respect for Marist Women in NCAA's

Go clones! and for the record, I love Ezell, but probably not appropriate for an assistant to make public.

Marist is good program and has a good following. Ironically, I think there are a lot like ISU in many ways.

Nomar33

Mar 14, 2011
Babies? Come on anyone here think that if a Marist Alum coach tweeted that it would not show up in the Cyclone girls lockeroom

And yeah getting the wrong conference is just silly

Oh and alarson I'm teeeelllling them you called them babies - so they can put that up on the locker room door also - now you've done it

Last edited:

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Can't blame Ezell for her loyalty for the Cyclones but it shouldn't change anything: it's not like our players issued demeaning statements regarding Marist players.

I agree with Twistedbird that actually they are a lot alike ISU in many ways.

Nomar33

Mar 14, 2011
These are two class programs - don't let a WRITER who is trying to stir things up change any of that - the girls and coaches on both sides are class acts - that includes Ezell - now if she had tweeted Marist was ognna win well.....

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Can't blame Ezell for her loyalty for the Cyclones but it shouldn't change anything: it's not like our players issued demeaning statements regarding Marist players.

I agree with Twistedbird that actually they are a lot alike ISU in many ways.

Logic generally has nothing to do with it when bulletin board material is concerned.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I would expect nothing less from Ezell, and that's why I loved her when she was here. That and the gratuitous amounts of 3-pointers.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
This has got to be one of the stupidest "controversies" ISU WBB has ever been a part of. Two years ago, she was prepping with her fellow Cyclones (including Bolte, who I think she's called her best friend) for what would become an Elite Eight run. It maybe wasn't great judgment on her part, but I seriously doubt Marist is really getting any added motivation from it.

Last edited:

RedFoxesFan

Mar 15, 2011
And now the blog post has been removed too.

LOL, removing the twitter entry and the blog post is like the Internet version of, "Move along, nothing to see here folks!"

Myself, I can't wait until Saturday morning. Looks like it's going to be a great game between two really good teams.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
And now the blog post has been removed too.

Aaahh, but it still exists in our minds. Too late.

I like it, it's good for the game. We'd be there (watching or following), anyway. May bring some more attention. Go 'Clones. Let's find out about our ranking and perception.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin

Read in the Blog where we are in the Big Ten...are they talking future or, as it appears, mistakenly? Wish the Tweet of interest had been cut and pasted here seeing its prompt removal.

And Marist fears our height? It hasn't been an advantage against good quick shorter players this season so I doubt it's a big upside for us.

If we win this game it will be by the slimmest of margin: 59-58 ISU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron