Two Charged with Fixing ISU Parking Tickets

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
If that's seriously all that turned up they need to re-audit because it's more than those two who do it...

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
5 years of prison time for screwing with campus parking tickets? What a crock. As far as I am concerned it is the ISU parking division that is a bunch of crooks. And no, I don't have a personal reason for feeling this way, in 6 years on campus I could probably count the number of tickets I got on one hand.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
As far as I am concerned it is the ISU parking division that is a bunch of crooks.

This. You'd be absolutely amazed if you realized how much money they made. I laid into the parking division guy at Freddy a few times this summer when he was ticketing cars, yet he was parked in the handicapped spot. :confused:

drunkincy

Sep 2, 2009
This. You'd be absolutely amazed if you realized how much money they made. I laid into the parking division guy at Freddy a few times this summer when he was ticketing cars, yet he was parked in the handicapped spot. :confused:

This disgusts me. What a butt head

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
As a former employee of the department of public safety at Iowa State I have just one thing to say:

:biglaugh:

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597
I had a friend in college get charged with 5th degree theft for hanging a Kmart receipt on his rear view mirror when his car was parked at Towers.

DO NOT CROSS THE PARKING DIVISION. They will throw everything at you including the kitchen sink. They have no hesitation to throw the book at dangerous suburbanite college kids who incur parking citations.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I had a friend in college get charged with 5th degree theft for hanging a Kmart receipt on his rear view mirror when his car was parked at Towers.

DO NOT CROSS THE PARKING DIVISION. They will throw everything at you including the kitchen sink. They have no hesitation to throw the book at dangerous suburbanite college kids who incur parking citations.

Yep, but what do you expect. Those guys really have a chip on their shoulder. And I would too if I got rejected from my dream job as a mall cop!

josh777

Apr 13, 2006
5 years of prison time for screwing with campus parking tickets? What a crock. As far as I am concerned it is the ISU parking division that is a bunch of crooks. And no, I don't have a personal reason for feeling this way, in 6 years on campus I could probably count the number of tickets I got on one hand.

Why are they crooks? Not sure where your indignation comes from but I can tell you few things **** me off more than paying c. $120 a year for a general staff parking pass only to come to work every morning with students (or others) parking in reserved spaces. There are few around my bldg. and it's a roll of the dice every day whether or not there will be a space available.

I hate being that guy, but I have made calls to ISU parking to have cars removed (which they only do for repeat offenders). I'm thankful the division at least responds and writes tickets to discourage people from parking in designated areas.

Reactions: bugs4cy

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Why are they crooks? Not sure where your indignation comes from but I can tell you few things **** me off more than paying c. $120 a year for a general staff parking pass only to come to work every morning with students (or others) parking in reserved spaces. There are few around my bldg. and it's a roll of the dice every day whether or not there will be a space available.

I hate being that guy, but I have made calls to ISU parking to have cars removed (which they only do for repeat offenders). I'm thankful the division at least responds and writes tickets to discourage people from parking in designated areas.

I have no problem with them enforcing it during the day when the lot being full is an issue. That is the reason theyre there. However, when they go around ticketing people at 4:50, when the lots are completely empty except for a few cars, and most of those dont have passes, its a bit ridiculous.

Reactions: jsmith86

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Glad I live in Freddy where there are basically zero ways of getting a ticket unless stupidity is a factor.

You can by not having a pass, even if your car is parked away from everyone else not bothering anything and there are no visitor spots open.

I got a ticket for using the loading zone one for about 10 minutes getting my TV taken up to my room and had to fight to not pay that one.

Parking at Freddy is freaking stupid anyways. Just take and include the parking pass in rent and don't have assigned spots that way anyone can park anywhere. My new car isn't registered with Iowa State so if I get a ticket I can put visitor on the back and send it in. Multiple people don't register their cars with Iowa State for this reason. I guess I'm a little smarter and don't abuse that though.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

I have no problem with them enforcing it during the day when the lot being full is an issue. That is the reason theyre there. However, when they go around ticketing people at 4:50, when the lots are completely empty except for a few cars, and most of those dont have passes, its a bit ridiculous.

Give 'em 10 min and they'll take a day. Just follow the posted signs and all will be well.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
You can by not having a pass, even if your car is parked away from everyone else not bothering anything and there are no visitor spots open.

I got a ticket for using the loading zone one for about 10 minutes getting my TV taken up to my room and had to fight to not pay that one.

Parking at Freddy is freaking stupid anyways. Just take and include the parking pass in rent and don't have assigned spots that way anyone can park anywhere. My new car isn't registered with Iowa State so if I get a ticket I can put visitor on the back and send it in. Multiple people don't register their cars with Iowa State for this reason. I guess I'm a little smarter and don't abuse that though.

Only 3 times.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
My favorite is when I drive to campus after 5:00 PM. A reserved lot is empty and is pass only until 5:30 PM. I park there at about 5:20 and somehow still get a ticket in those 10 minutes and it's completely empty.