MLB: Two-City Team?

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Contract that team and take a wrecking ball to their garbage stadium.

Just think. Back in the day Tampa almost landed the Giants and/or the White Sox.

Both dodged a bullet, but ultimately got new stadiums

Hell. Mexico City could support a team better than Tampa

• Agree
Reactions: Peter

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Two tv and merchandise markets would help quite a bit. I actually think it's a reasonable idea as a majority of baseball fans go to a few games per year. Just don't know if these are the right two cities.
I question whether they'd win the hearts of a populace by sharing a team. We'll see I guess.

Jmarsh13

Sep 28, 2006
Opened thread thinking this would be about Golden State still trying to claim Oakland as a hometown after the move across the bay to San Fran next fall...

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
St Pete either has to help them get funding for a stadium and a location that makes sense or get out of the way and let them move.

St Pete has bungled this so badly that freaking Oakland is a more promising situation right now. Might be shovels in the ground in Oakland by the middle of next year with a ballpark ready to open in 2023.

• Agree
Reactions: clone2003

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Can you imagine if you got the team for the second half of the season and they rolled in with like a 30-50 record? Would there even be the slightest bit of interest?
Hell no...which makes it a really stupid idea. Something like the Omaha / Kansas City Kings is plausible since it's the same geographic area you're pulling from...but two cities (neither of which GAF about MLB) that are in different countries is just dumber than sh#t.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron