Two Truths

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Truth #1-more money
Truth #2- Still in BCS Conf.
Truth #3-removed 2 big boys off schedule
Truth #4-better recruiting (see #3, Texas kids will be harder for them to recruit)
Truth #5- Big 12 has 8 bowl tie-ins for 10 teams
Truth #6-better attendance with more home conf. games
Truth #7-removal of Iowa game,mutually, allows for 3 non-conf. wins
Truth #8-Just need to win 3 against OSU, Baylor, KU, KSU, TT, MU for 6 wins & bowl
Truth #9-need Big Red to beat Hawks to shut them up

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Good points. It's not like an extra few million buys Texas the right to play 12 guys. Players can only be so good and you can only play so many of them. The gap between ISU and Texas really can't get much wider than it is. There is diminishing returns to another dollar in revenue and performace on the field at some point and Texas is well past that.

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
I agree, the U of Texas won't benefit that much from the extra revenue as they have all they want in facilities, coaches and players. How this extra money will improve the athletic dept. is anyone's guess; are they bringing back wrestling as a varsity sport? Will UT field an ice hockey team? Who knows?

Being Nebraska and Colorado are no longer part of the Big 12, people's scheduling concerns are not well founded. Tough conference play has always been the norm for ISU. Think back to the days of the Big 8 conference. ISU had to play Oklahoma and Nebraska every year with Colorado, Missouri and Oklahoma State, and later on, Kansas State frequently fielding excellent teams. Now ISU will play Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma State. Not a whole lot of difference from my perspective. ISU teams and players will do do what they always have done, buck up and play their opponents to the best of their collective abilities; it's their only choice, and one they've made willingly.

Aside from the scheduling, ISU comes out of this deal way ahead where they are now. I look forward to the day in the near future where Jack Trice Stadium's south end zone is bowled in and its capacity is competitive with the rest of the conference along with the football team. Smile, better days are definitely ahead. :biggrin:

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
One point about the whole mess that no one brings up- I like that Colorado and Nebraska are the ones leaving.
The ten team BB league is now better than the 12 team one was.