Tyler Harris Commits to ISU.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
So is it likely he plays next year? Havent really been following along with the waiver and transfer rule news

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
We will know more when the transfer rule that is expected to pass is voted on.

Though there are many factors and some experts that expect it to be granted now, I don't think we Prohm or fans should assume it will and be inserting Harris into next years line up today. The NCAA often doesn't make expected decisions. The staff still should be recruiting GT's as if they need a guard and scoring wing.

Though I do think the expected change in the rule could have lead to the staff slow playing the Buggs and possibly Flowers in the world rather than taking them early. We'll know by June if they were right but I think getting Tyler late rather than just taking a Flowers has already shown the advantage of being patient.

Reactions: Statefan10

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Anyone have a spot to watch 2019-2020 Memphis games? I know big 12 network has all of Iowa State's conference games was wondering if they had something like that.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Anyone have a spot to watch 2019-2020 Memphis games? I know big 12 network has all of Iowa State's conference games was wondering if they had something like that.
Great question! The only thing I’ve found is YouTube. Several games, or at least part of games. That court is tough on my eyes!

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
There's a pretty good highlight video of Harris that's around 6 minutes or so. Obviously because they are highlights there are no negative plays, but even just watching this video you can see the ability this kid possesses.

I really liked Harris coming out of HS so I'm very excited about him being a Cyclone for two years.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
There's a pretty good highlight video of Harris that's around 6 minutes or so. Obviously because they are highlights there are no negative plays, but even just watching this video you can see the ability this kid possesses.

I really liked Harris coming out of HS so I'm very excited about him being a Cyclone for two years.
I can't get a good feel off of highlights. Nixon looked great from his highlights, heck you could even put together a highlight reel of this year and he would look great but he wasn't.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I can't get a good feel off of highlights. Nixon looked great from his highlights, heck you could even put together a highlight reel of this year and he would look great but he wasn't.
Totally agree, unless it’s a long highlight tape all from the same game!

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah I completely agree. I actually watched Memphis quite a bit this year and I probably rate Harris a little bit higher than I actually should due to me liking him a lot coming out of high school. I probably over hyped his good plays and under valued his poor ones. Either way, the kid averaged around 9 points, shooting 37% from beyond the arc on a Memphis team that had a lot of talent. He's a type of player that has his best days ahead of him, rather Nixon had his behind him.

I think we're all going to like Harris a lot by the time he's done here.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
To be fair to Harris. The highest avg assists on the team for the season was 4.3. That is really low. Lots of assists being spread out through the entire roster.

cypack747

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2013
Memphis vs Wichita State condensed game. This was their 2nd to last game of the year. Harris had 19 pts, 4 rbs, and 4 asts.

Wow, that kid can play point guard on my team any day. Certainly doesn’t show a lack of passing skills like his low assist numbers might indicate.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
To be fair to Harris. The highest avg assists on the team for the season was 4.3. That is really low. Lots of assists being spread out through the entire roster.
I don’t think the assists were too spread out

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
After going 0 for 20 something I'm wondering where Harris ranks among the PGs we recruited?

Follow up, where would Brown be among the wings?

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Memphis vs Wichita State condensed game. This was their 2nd to last game of the year. Harris had 19 pts, 4 rbs, and 4 asts.

nice game he had.... I don’t know why it bugged me so much about that highlight but there was zero movement away from the ball on Memphis’s team. Seemed like they were predicated around whoever has the ball, go to work. There were maybe two plays where Harris ran the baseline to catch a pass in the opposite corner a la Reggie Miller but other than that it was ugly basketball

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron