Tyrese Hunter Enters Portal Again

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Hunter and Dillon Mitchell both entering the portal the day after Texas got 3 transfer commits doesn't feel like a coincidence. Wonder if Hunter was forced out.
Yeah, that seems about right.
Hunter's still got some value. He could probably get what Perkins got, pretty easily. Shoot, Iowa could make a run at him.

• Wow
Reactions: Acylum

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Hunter's still got some value. He could probably get what Perkins got, pretty easily.
I'd assume Purdue will take a look at him again.
Obviously we all would assume Ole Miss reaches out.

Reactions: chadly82

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
His play wasnt good enough to keep paying him the money they gave him to leave ISU. So now hes out looking for a new pay day.

Reactions: BigCyFan

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Hunter's still got some value. He could probably get what Perkins got, pretty easily. Shoot, Iowa could make a run at him.
At some point, guys that are good but not great are going to stop having options, aren't they?

Hunter isn't going to a top 25 program at this point, and he isn't going to make 500k wherever that is. Is he going to end up at Illinois St making $40k? I could see a lot of guys that were seen as high-potential when younger, and got a big bag to move, but then who never improved to that potential, kind of get kicked to the curb and not have any good options.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I immediately thought of this but decided I am not resentful enough to wish Mad Fran on him. He didn’t use Perkins as much as he should have. At this point he should be looking for a place that might make him marketable professionally beyond NIL days.

Reactions: VeloClone

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
At some point, guys that are good but not great are going to stop having options, aren't they?

Hunter isn't going to a top 25 program at this point, and he isn't going to make 500k wherever that is. Is he going to end up at Illinois St making $40k? I could see a lot of guys that were seen as high-potential when younger, and got a big bag to move, but then who never improved to that potential, kind of get kicked to the curb and not have any good options.
Tony Perkins is getting $300k to go to Mizzou, if Trilly Donovan is to be believed. Hunter will probably command about the same. There are plenty of power conference teams that could use a guard like him.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hunter and Dillon Mitchell both entering the portal the day after Texas got 3 transfer commits doesn't feel like a coincidence. Wonder if Hunter was forced out.
Who is the third one? on 247 I see Tramon Mark from Arkansas and Julian Larry from Indiana St, but that's it.

Last edited: