Unbiased NU Fan Taking ?'s

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

Cyclone46

May 14, 2009
Charleston, SC
I am a little worried about ISU's ability to get pressure on the QB. They haven't shown enough ability to do that so far. Hopefully the recent shuffle on the line will help in this respect. I think the line play was better against Baylor, but it still needs to improve to be a positive vs. NU.
If we have to blitz to get pressure, that will help either NU QB find someone open in coverage.

I think you hit the nail on the head. NU can pressure AA by rushing 4 and we will probably have to blitz to get anything on Lee. If we can get pressure on him and shake him up, that will play very well for us.

AA can't be over or under throwing our recievers. He has to be right on accurate and I haven't seen that consistantly yet.

The game will by won by the team that can:
1. pressure the QB
2. stay low on penalties
3. don't throw interceptions....

That is the team that will win.

CJDelmonico

Aug 23, 2009
KU's rush defense is 22nd in the nation which includes the game against ISU. NU is ranked only 6 spots better at 16th without playing a really tough rushing team.

Northern Colorado
UTEP
Duke
Southern Miss
Iowa State
Colorado

I'm not seeing many tough rushing teams in there, either. When the metal hits the meat, I'd say Virginia Tech is a better rushing team than anybody on that list.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Northern Colorado
UTEP
Duke
Southern Miss
Iowa State
Colorado

I'm not seeing many tough rushing teams in there, either. When the metal hits the meat, I'd say Virginia Tech is a better rushing team than anybody on that list.

Well I believe you'll be playing the leading rushing team in the Big 12 this weekend, so somethings gotta give...

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Northern Colorado
UTEP
Duke
Southern Miss
Iowa State
Colorado

Well, 2 of them are in the top 20. Iowa State is higher than Va Tech, so I would say when the rubber meets the road, you may be wrong.

brkoesters

Mar 7, 2008
Lindstrom, MN
I believe like Paul Rhoads that ISU will go into Nebraska with confidence and pull out a victory. I had ISU beating KU after the K-State loss and they should have. ISU coaching staff will easily out-coach Pelini and friends. ISU win 17-10.

spyclone

Oct 19, 2009
C.B.
I am a little worried about ISU's ability to get pressure on the QB.

don't worry, the NU Oline is their weakest link. :smile:

should get some holding penalties against them.

and Lee refuses to run. he'll get pressure. unfortunately he has only thrown 3 ints all year.

with some luck, they'll put green in there at Qb...

he'll be good for a few turnovers. he's already had one int in limited play and threw into TT defenders hands about four times!

:cool:

CycloneNC2015

Jul 28, 2009
Urbandale
It sounds as if everyone is expecting Lee to start. I dont think we will see much of him. I think their backup Cody Green will be playing in this game. From what i have seen and heard he has very good mobility and is huge at 6-4 230. I worry if he gets going we could be in for a long day, granted he is a Freshman, but he was a top 10 QB recruit last year and is from Texas. Definitely not a slouch. Wouldnt be suprised if this guy starts from here on out. If we can catch them in a transition on offense we have a chance, but we have to score on their D and Suh has been messing up QB's all year. My guess NU 35 - 17.

Wingback

Dec 26, 2008
It sounds as if everyone is expecting Lee to start. I dont think we will see much of him. I think their backup Cody Green will be playing in this game. From what i have seen and heard he has very good mobility and is huge at 6-4 230. I worry if he gets going we could be in for a long day, granted he is a Freshman, but he was a top 10 QB recruit last year and is from Texas. Definitely not a slouch. Wouldnt be suprised if this guy starts from here on out. If we can catch them in a transition on offense we have a chance, but we have to score on their D and Suh has been messing up QB's all year. My guess NU 35 - 17.

You're right about Green, CycloneNC.

Nebraska was very fortunate to get on Green early and hold off all comers. There were some very good schools including LSU and Oklahoma State on him pretty hard, and probably would have been more "major" programs after him were it not for torn knee ligaments during his Junior year, which kept him on the sidelines for most of that season. His Senior season was outstanding with over 3600 yards passing and 1700 yards rushing. He ended up being the #7 high school quarterback in the nation as a senior (according to Scout) and ended up as a 4-star recruit

From a pure athletic ability standpoint, he is head-and-shoulders above Zac Lee. The question is whether or not he can develop into a first-rate BCS level quarterback as soon as he most likely will need to. At 6-4 and 220, he has the size to hold up well, and his speed is certainly more than adequate. The only knock on him has been his unconventional release, which has the appearance of a somewhat "side arm" motion. It certainly didn't hurt him in high school, but who knows whether it will be in issue at the college level.

It also doesn't hurt that he is a smart kid who graduated from high school early and with honors. He came to Nebraska in time for spring drills, so at least he's had some time to fit into the system.

The smart money in Nebraska has always been that he would probably win the starting job if not as a true Freshman, certainly by his Sophomore year. It appears to me that the coaching staff has determined that if they are going to make the change this season, now is the opportunity with Iowa State and Baylor up next. Don't take that as a knock on the Cyclones, just the reality of the situation. After those two games come Oklahoma and Kansas.

agronclone

Jul 25, 2009
des moines
I am reading a lot here regarding what arnaud will be able to do about the nu defense. i am not so certain if arnaud is the way to go in this game. the way that jerome tiller looked against baylor, i would almost think he would be a better fit at qb depending on how our o-line does. if nu gets pressure past the line i would trust tiller's scrambling skills more than arnaud. aa can run a guy over, but tiller is so dang fast he can run around whoever is chasing him. the only concern i would have is how he would throw against nu, but with his threat in his shoes, it might bring the nu defense up on the line.

spyclone

Oct 19, 2009
C.B.
I hope they start Green, but I'm not that lucky. he'll be good SOMEDAY.

but not saturday.

he's already had one int in limited play and threw into TT defenders hands about four times! they didn't even try him until the game was decided.

he is a rookie, in every sense.

he'll be good for several turnovers. :smile:

again... I'm hoping he starts and they hold lee back.

IMO-- green is our best chance of beating NU.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I am reading a lot here regarding what arnaud will be able to do about the nu defense. i am not so certain if arnaud is the way to go in this game. the way that jerome tiller looked against baylor, i would almost think he would be a better fit at qb depending on how our o-line does. if nu gets pressure past the line i would trust tiller's scrambling skills more than arnaud. aa can run a guy over, but tiller is so dang fast he can run around whoever is chasing him. the only concern i would have is how he would throw against nu, but with his threat in his shoes, it might bring the nu defense up on the line.

AA is the guy to start. We will need to throw the ball to win the game and I don't have faith that Tiller can take care of the ball well enough to win. I don't think we need 30 points to win this game. We need to not give them opportunities by turning the ball over on our side of the field. I think 24 points can win this game and I think AA can do that while not costing us the game. I just see Tiller as too much of a risk right now. However, if AA struggles for the first half and the situation is right I wouldn't be opposed to having Tiller run a series to see what happens.