UNI General Parking?? First time tailgater and need some advice..

dsponder

Sep 1, 2021
I've had a hard time getting in contact with customer service at the ticket office so I'm hoping some CF people can help me out..

1) What time do people normally starting lining up to enter the general parking lots? For example, if I wanted to be in lot G2, how soon would I need to be in line? 6am?

2) I bought a general parking pass yesterday to guarantee a spot but does that pass also apply if we want to park in the Vet Med lot?

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Sounds like they changed it up this year. I imagine people will start lining up several hours before opening, especially the rv s for vet med.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I can't answer number 1, and with 2 being a relatively new thing. I would say you would need to keep trying the ticket office.

Reactions: dsponder

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I am almost certain vet med isn't included in the pre-sale general parking. That will be first come first serve on game day with no garuntee spots will be available.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonsin

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I am almost certain vet med isn't included in the pre-sale general parking. That will be first come first serve on game day with no garuntee spots will be available.

Are they still letting people without an RV park there?

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Are they still letting people without an RV park there?
Not certain there. I just know the pre-sale general parking doesn't include RVs. That leads me to believe all RVs and busses will be in vetmed. I would assume they would allow cars in too as long as space is there.

I also would hope that some parking was held back for the general lots for those arriving on gameday.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Single-game parking permits for the public grass lots (G2/G3/G4/G5/G8/G9) will be available for presale at 10 a.m. on the Wednesday before home games (pending forecasted weather) at cyclones.com.

• These passes will be sold online only. Sales will cease at noon on Friday OR when passes sell out. Pre-sold parking passes for the public parking lots will be assured entry in one of the public parking lots, all will be first-come, first-served and you will be able to choose which lot to park in upon arrival. Parking purchased on site on game day will be subject to availability.
  • Public single game parking is $20/car. Passes purchased during presale will be mobile passes that can be scanned upon entry in the parking lots and valid only in G2/G3/G4/G5/G8/G9.
  • RV parking is not available for presale nor will a pre-purchased car permit be honored for an RV, bus or other large vehicle.
  • Public parking opens six hours before kickoff on game day.
RVs may park in Lot 93 (VetMed) beginning at 5:30 p.m. the day before home games. Sales cease at midnight, and the lot will re-open six hours before kickoff on game day. On game day, public parking for RVs is available in any public parking lot. All RV parking is considered dry camping. We do not offer electrical service, water or sanitary hookups. Your RV must be moved out of the lot by 12 p.m. the day after the game.

Reactions: dsponder

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I think the pre-sale helps the people that don't want to be there at 9:00 the most. If you'd rather be there at noon or 1:00 and know you'll have a spot in the grass lots, this is the perfect set up for you.

And also, we know they didn't sell every spot in those grass lots, I'd guess half to three quarters.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I think the pre-sale helps the people that don't want to be there at 9:00 the most. If you'd rather be there at noon or 1:00 and know you'll have a spot in the grass lots, this is the perfect set up for you.

And also, we know they didn't sell every spot in those grass lots, I'd guess half to three quarters.

Agree with the first part.

On the second part, I bet they sold a lot closer to 100% capacity than you'd think. Maybe 90-95%.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron