UNI kicker

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
We kicked
One ball
Out of bounds on the kickoff and almost did it again but the return man bailed us out. Don’t we have a guy that can kick it out of the back of the end zone?

The vaulted UNI kicker did that twice himself. Believe it or not, the kickers aren’t coached to kick it out of the back of the end zone now that a touchback starts at the 25.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
We kicked
One ball
Out of bounds on the kickoff and almost did it again but the return man bailed us out. Don’t we have a guy that can kick it out of the back of the end zone?

Actually the kick was the reason the Return Man messed up. UNI Kicker kicked a couple out of bounds at least. But the UNI Kicker was money on his field goals

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
UNI was better at the kicker position and it wasn’t even close. Going into overtime I was very nervous because the team with the better kicker has the advantage, and we definitely did not have that advantage
I was nervous too, but to say UNI's kicker is unequivocally better is simplistic. Assalley was kicking to save his team massive embarrassment in front of its own fans, UNI's kicker was kicking with house money to be a hero, as UNI was already proud regardless. At a position that's 90% mental, that's a huge difference in disposition. And in overtime, despite his earlier miss, Assalley did what he had to do. On top of all of this, he probably didn't wake up yesterday seriously expecting to have to save his team from a fat "L." UNI's kicker was probably dreaming of sinking Cyclones the whole last week, at least.

All of this said, it disappointing that there's a kicker on scholarship who hasn't earned his way onto the field at all.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The vaulted UNI kicker did that twice himself. Believe it or not, the kickers aren’t coached to kick it out of the back of the end zone now that a touchback starts at the 25.

Isn't it the 35?

The miss yesterday was an issue. That's one thing that just never seems to die as a problem at ISU.

• Agree
Reactions: moforisu

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
UNI was better at the kicker position and it wasn’t even close. Going into overtime I was very nervous because the team with the better kicker has the advantage, and we definitely did not have that advantage

Was it you that made a completely inappropriate ******* comment about Conner?

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
It will be interesting to see if the UNI kid had his best game of the year yesterday.

• Winner
Reactions: Macloney

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
We kicked
One ball

We kicked one out of bounds, the other was executed well and may or may not have gone out of bounds. UNI did kick two out of bounds I think both in the fourth quarter. One missed field goal happens to every kicker. You guys are a little off on declaring UNI's kicking game infinitely better than ISU's. It was good, but not much different than ISU's.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
If I understood the UNI fan next to me correctly, the Panther kicker was not their first team guy...

Confirmed, TV crew mentioned that multiple times.

Should've known it'd be a dogfight w/ FCS team starting a freshman QB and a backup place-kicker. On paper, that seems like an ideal situation...

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
It will be interesting to see if the UNI kid had his best game of the year yesterday.

UNI had their best game of the year. They will lose at least 2 games in that conference, and probably another they shouldn’t.

Limp into the playoffs, play thanksgiving weekend, and then lose the next week to a higher seed.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.