UNI @ Nebraska FB in 2024

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That's why Iowa won't schedule them. Which is smart on their part.

Personally I would like to see a lot more SEMO and Ohio, and a lot less UNI on that first weekend. A dry run scrimmage is much better week 1 than a physical chip-on-their-shoulder underdog and confidence-damaging close win.

Yeah for whatever reason playing those other teams seems to be more of a sure thing.

That said, I fully expect a close game for every opening game for ISU.

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
I don't want to rehash the whole Fran thing in Cedar Falls but him getting run was exactly what he wanted from the moment that game started to end the H-H. He was a belligerent ******* from the moment he walked out of the tunnel and we all know that no fan base buys into being the victim like that one does

There were 3 second weekend/Final Four level officials on the floor that night in Higgins, Janssen and JD Collins. It wasn't some homer job, it was a bad Iowa team against a pretty good UNI team as well. Fran also got tossed when he brought Siena to Cedar Falls a couple years before that.
Have an uncle who is a huge UNI fan / supporter. He still talks about that game and how Fran acted like an adolescent spoiled 12 year old brat.

• Winner
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Don’t think that edict ever actually came into effect. They just wanted the slaps on the back/ atta boys they got for saying they wouldn’t play FCS teams. Then when push came to shove they did a big “oh, never mind.” B1g W is basically an FCS schedule so not sure what the point was anyway.

No it did but the B1G walked back on that policy after they moved to a 9 game conference slate. It was pretty short lived.

• Informative
Reactions: Acylum

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I don't want to rehash the whole Fran thing in Cedar Falls but him getting run was exactly what he wanted from the moment that game started to end the H-H. He was a belligerent ******* from the moment he walked out of the tunnel and we all know that no fan base buys into being the victim like that one does

There were 3 second weekend/Final Four level officials on the floor that night in Higgins, Janssen and JD Collins. It wasn't some homer job, it was a bad Iowa team against a pretty good UNI team as well. Fran also got tossed when he brought Siena to Cedar Falls a couple years before that.
I think that was the game Fran smacked a clipboard or bottle off the scorers table wasn't it?

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
All of the UNI fans at this game will be wearing the yellow and black parakeet shirts. I don't know why they just don't make a purple version.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Personally I would like to see a lot more SEMO and Ohio, and a lot less UNI on that first weekend. A dry run scrimmage is much better week 1 than a physical chip-on-their-shoulder underdog and confidence-damaging close win.
uni was 6-5 last year, SEMO was 4-7. Not sure if we will have that much of an easier time winning this year.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
UNI was

uni was 6-5 last year, SEMO was 4-7. Not sure if we will have that much of an easier time winning this year
Iowa State will blow the doors off SEMO. It won't be competitive.

Stop scheduling MVFC teams. That league is a lot closer to a G5 league that it is an FCS league. Geography is the only thing keeping the MVFC in the FCS.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
uni was 6-5 last year, SEMO was 4-7. Not sure if we will have that much of an easier time winning this year.

When you factor in the in state grudge UNI just throws a different punch every damn year... CMC also refuses to overplay his hand in that game too so it's always closer than it should be.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

Stop scheduling MVFC teams. That league is a lot closer to a G5 league that it is an FCS league. Geography is the only thing keeping the MVFC in the FCS.
I guarantee you we won’t blow the doors off them playing an entirely new team and running our same 3-4 plays we run week 1.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Water bottle that hit a 10 year old kid right in the middle of the chest. Real classy and controlled guy that Francis is...
Bingo. I thought he smacked something. Couldn't remember it.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
UNI doesn't even want to beat Iowa. I was at the 2009 game and you can't convince me otherwise.

I would totally go to this UNI/Nebraska game (my wife is a UNI fan) if it weren't the same freaking day as the CyHawk game.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The coach-speak prior to each game is wildly different, too. When UNI plays Iowa, it's "oh, it's just a privilege to be on the field with them." When UNI plays ISU, it's "we have something to prove."
100%. Farley practically fellates Ferentz and the Iowa program and treats ISU like an equal.

Most UNI fans and alum have a reverence for Iowa that disgusts me.

• Winner
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

Dirtguy4CY

May 4, 2022
UNI doesn't even want to beat Iowa. I was at the 2009 game and you can't convince me otherwise.

I would totally go to this UNI/Nebraska game (my wife is a UNI fan) if it weren't the same freaking day as the CyHawk game.
Yeah that sucks. That will take away the amount of UNI fans that travel for the game.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
100%. Farley practically fellates Ferentz and the Iowa program and treats ISU like an equal.

Most UNI fans and alum have a reverence for Iowa that disgusts me.

I've been please to find out how many purple Cyclones there are.

And I like that UNI is taking its $1 million plus payout from another state.

• Agree
Reactions: fcclone and Lineup

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When you factor in the in state grudge UNI just throws a different punch every damn year... CMC also refuses to overplay his hand in that game too so it's always closer than it should be.
Familiarity also. When you play someone so much, you learn their tendencies

Reactions: Kinch

Dirtguy4CY

May 4, 2022

Top half of the valley is basically like playing a good MAC school.