Craig4IState

Oct 7, 2017
With the new ticket program could anyone explain how ticket exchange is different than Ticket Master site? Am I able to sell only to ISU fans or do my tickets just go into the general TM pool? Prefer to sell my UNI extras to other crazy people like me.

Also, had better luck actually selling my tix on Stub Hub than Ticketmaster for last 3 years when I’ve had to miss games. I’ve eaten all the tix I’ve listed on TM even when asking face or less. Have others had this issue too? Stub Hub I’ve only had one time where I want able to sell prior to game time (FB or MBB).

Thanks for advice (or heckling).

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
You only pay 10% fee if you sell it on ticketexchange, which then goes thru Ticketmaster. 15% fee on StubHub and on Ticketmaster otherwise. I've had luck on ticket exchange and StubHub but not directly on Ticketmaster

Reactions: Craig4IState

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
With the new ticket program could anyone explain how ticket exchange is different than Ticket Master site? Am I able to sell only to ISU fans or do my tickets just go into the general TM pool? Prefer to sell my UNI extras to other crazy people like me.

Also, had better luck actually selling my tix on Stub Hub than Ticketmaster for last 3 years when I’ve had to miss games. I’ve eaten all the tix I’ve listed on TM even when asking face or less. Have others had this issue too? Stub Hub I’ve only had one time where I want able to sell prior to game time (FB or MBB).

Thanks for advice (or heckling).
The problem with TM is that you can reach a large audience but demand is low for tickets when there are 61K available(other than Iowa). It isn't uncommon for later season conference games to be free on here based on performance and weather.

Reactions: Craig4IState

Craig4IState

Oct 7, 2017
The problem with TM is that you can reach a large audience but demand is low for tickets when there are 61K available(other than Iowa). It isn't uncommon for later season conference games to be free on here based on performance and weather.
Makes sense. Just weird that I can nearly always sell on stub hub but TM I think I’ve been able to sell once or twice. Figured o was doing something wrong but your answer makes sense to me. Thank you!

Craig4IState

Oct 7, 2017
You only pay 10% fee if you sell it on ticketexchange, which then goes thru Ticketmaster. 15% fee on StubHub and on Ticketmaster otherwise. I've had luck on ticket exchange and StubHub but not directly on Ticketmaster
Thank you!!! 5% extra apparently has been worth it for me I guess.

Has there been any talk about selling tickets thru this site? Maybe that’s too risky and paying the fees on TM or wherever are safest.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames

Help Support Us

Become a patron