• Purdue
  • Sacred Heart
  • South Dakota State
  • The Citadel
  • Utah Valley
  • Virginia
  • Virginia Tech
  • Wyoming

Moral of the story: Carr has #1 Hidlay, #3 Diekin and #7 Coleman in his weight class. Will go more in depth the closer the event gets.

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

OOTClone

Jan 3, 2017
I'm hoping we see Gomez at 133 and he's healthy.

From the Dresser interview on Flo, Gomez may not be available all season. I do not expect to see him in Vegas. Or at Scuffle.

Very huge weekend for 125,141,149,157 and 184. I touched on 157 only as Carr is now ranked #2 on Flo. He is the legit shot at a finalist and champ. CKLV will tell a lot about his abilities against Hidlay and Diekin.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
From the Dresser interview on Flo, Gomez may not be available all season. I do not expect to see him in Vegas. Or at Scuffle.

Very huge weekend for 125,141,149,157 and 184. I touched on 157 only as Carr is now ranked #2 on Flo. He is the legit shot at a finalist and champ. CKLV will tell a lot about his abilities against Hidlay and Diekin.

Wait...what? Flo has him ranked #2 already? It’s not that I don’t believe Carr is worthy of such a ranking, but I do find it kind of funny that a website that opening states they do not rank freshman very high in their initial rankings would bump him up to #2 after essentially 1 win.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Wait...what? Flo has him ranked #2 already? It’s not that I don’t believe Carr is worthy of such a ranking, but I do find it kind of funny that a website that opening states they do not rank freshman very high in their initial rankings would bump him up to #2 after essentially 1 win.

They were just waiting for Carr to prove he belongs. They have been very high on Carr in all their podcasts and even wrote in their initial rankings that they had Carr lower than they'd like at 19, but wanted him to prove he belonged. By beating Young he did just that and moved up to probably where they believe he belongs.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
They were just waiting for Carr to prove he belongs. They have been very high on Carr in all their podcasts and even wrote in their initial rankings that they had Carr lower than they'd like at 19, but wanted him to prove he belonged. By beating Young he did just that and moved up to probably where they believe he belongs.

Yeah...i know. Just funny to me, I guess. See that wrestlestat has Carr moving up 8 spots to #9. CK will move all the rankings to some sort of consensus, I assume.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa

No Gomez all year?! Smh... that is brutal.

Would he qualify for a medical redshirt?

Sturge34

Oct 28, 2019
I agree. I don't know that we are a top 10 lineup without him in there. I could be wrong though.
It was lining up for him to have the possibility to place high at Nationals. Feel bad for the kid, just has had a hard time staying healthy. At least we have depth in the room now where you have a Small that still could qualify for Nationals.

cyclonegrap

Sep 2, 2016

I think Carr has a resume where you could justify a top 5 ranking, but overall Flo puts too much weight on single early-season wins. Some recent examples include Collin Purinton moved to #4 (over Degan) after beating Thomsen. Last week they moved Dean Sherry to top 10 after pinning Devin Skatzka. Quite a few other examples where guys go from not ranked to top 15.