UPDATE: Tennis Team going to the Elite 8

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Apparently Iowa State got a point taken away because the crowd cheered before they were supposed to? I don't really know tennis rules.

Either way, what great news!!

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Apparently Iowa State got a point taken away because the crowd cheered before they were supposed to? I don't really know tennis rules.

Either way, what great news!!
Tennis is like golf. Just stay quiet until the point is over and once the server is up to the line again go back to being quiet. Tennis points are almost like a dance with a lot of timing and rhythm. There’s a reason a lot of pros grunt as they use it to time their swings. As a tennis player you are so dialed in that an outside noise can definitely throw off your timing.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
It's tradition. The par 3 at Phoenix open doesn't bother anyone because they expect and are used to it.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
It's tradition. The par 3 at Phoenix open doesn't bother anyone because they expect and are used to it.
Yes and that’s a one-off, really fun thing they have created. You will never get something like that at a major. I love it btw and wish crowds were able to be a little more animated, which they have honestly in both golf and tennis. The US Open for tennis at night is a party.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
There are some videos on Connor Ferguson’s Twitter so assuming he will be posting an article. So glad for some CF coverage, although I am guessing they won’t send him to Orlando.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Wow, this is great although a bit embarrassing that they will be playing at a high school.
I think it's great. well maybe not great, but it goes to show that you don't need great facilities to do great things.

My hometown had a ****** cinder track for way too long. They installed it when the u.s. couldn't make up their minds so it was 440 yards instead of 400 meters which isnt a great difference but enough to prevent them from hosting high school meets. As such, up until a few years ago when they finally resized it and installed an all weather track, they hadn't hosted a high school meet in about 30 years. They would have hurdles set up in the parking lot for practice.

In that span the girls track team won something like 20 consecutive conference titles with the boys joining for probably 15 of those. Since the upgrade I'm not sure they've won the conference meet. .

Reactions: CyNews

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Yes and that’s a one-off, really fun thing they have created. You will never get something like that at a major. I love it btw and wish crowds were able to be a little more animated, which they have honestly in both golf and tennis. The US Open for tennis at night is a party.
Go to a Ryder Cup. The first tee is like playing out of the end zone at a college football game. It is a riot. People dressed in all kinds of garb, like Halloween meets Mardi Gras meets the Cy-Hawk game.

Reactions: ILikeBacon

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
I think it's great. well maybe not great, but it goes to show that you don't need great facilities to do great things.

My hometown had a ****** cinder track for way too long. They installed it when the u.s. couldn't make up their minds so it was 440 yards instead of 400 meters which isnt a great difference but enough to prevent them from hosting high school meets. As such, up until a few years ago when they finally resized it and installed an all weather track, they hadn't hosted a high school meet in about 30 years. They would have hurdles set up in the parking lot for practice.

In that span the girls track team won something like 20 consecutive conference titles with the boys joining for probably 15 of those. Since the upgrade I'm not sure they've won the conference meet. .
OK, you got me. What HS?

Help Support Us

Become a patron