• 5-7

• 6-6

• 7-5

• 8-4

• 9+ wins

Results are only viewable after voting.

OtisMyMan

May 3, 2013
It's year eight of Campbell's reign. After 2020, I (foolishly) thought we has finally latched onto a HC that not only could turn around the program, but continue to succeed for his tenure here. Shame on me for being fooled again. I'll go 5-7.

statsaholic

May 17, 2006
Sloan, Iowa
There are easy explanations. Large plays downfield take time to develop. The OL may not have enough time to give the QB.

The coverage downfield may be good. Even if they drew up a play, like a double move, and the OL had adequate protection, the receiver may not be open. Do you want the QB to force a throw? I seem to recall Dekkers making such throws, especially when they were approaching the red zone, which often ended up poorly.

The one thing I can knock was the clock management yesterday. The touchdown drive just took too long; plays took way too long to signal in. But that can be cleaned up
Just a note, there were I believe 3 first downs on the final drive, and with the rule change this year, that means maybe 1+ minute less of playing time (a rule change which I do not like, but that doesnt matter. ). Not a criticism of your post, just adding that.

OscarBerkshire

Jul 14, 2022
Waterloo
Despite what I’ve been saying elsewhere on the board may make you think, I think we win 6 this year. Iowa game has historically meant nothing. BYU, cincy, WVU, OSU, Ohio, Baylor are all winnable games. We overreacted to week 1 let’s not overreact to week 2. I still stand by that Noel sucks and Campbell is useless to listen to in his public comments. We will be the best defense in the league again. **** we could even beat Texas, just cuz they beat Bama doesn’t mean they’ll get up for iowa state, especially in Ames

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Despite what I’ve been saying elsewhere on the board may make you think, I think we win 6 this year. Iowa game has historically meant nothing. BYU, cincy, WVU, OSU, Ohio, Baylor are all winnable games. We overreacted to week 1 let’s not overreact to week 2. I still stand by that Noel sucks and Campbell is useless to listen to in his public comments. We will be the best defense in the league again. **** we could even beat Texas, just cuz they beat Bama doesn’t mean they’ll get up for iowa state, especially in Ames
We don’t play WVU this year.

• Agree
Reactions: OscarBerkshire

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
4-8. Defense is sound, but offense lacks playmakers and creativity. If the defense can score an additional three or four TDs on the season, they could make it to five or six wins.

• Agree
Reactions: cstrunk

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Just a note, there were I believe 3 first downs on the final drive, and with the rule change this year, that means maybe 1+ minute less of playing time (a rule change which I do not like, but that doesnt matter. ). Not a criticism of your post, just adding that.
The new clock rules will end up helping teams like Iowa and KState, who want to play ball control offense. If we can get a run game going, we'll be in very good shape. It will be "boring" football, but it's less boring if you win.

statsaholic

May 17, 2006
Sloan, Iowa
The new clock rules will end up helping teams like Iowa and KState, who want to play ball control offense. If we can get a run game going, we'll be in very good shape. It will be "boring" football, but it's less boring if you win.
Fair enough.. It will be a bit interesting as the season progresses.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Honestly no idea but they're up 10-7 at Pitt. I kind of expected them to be kinda bad in their 1st year with a new coach

Of the four new teams I think UCF and Cincy are going to win their share of games and BYU and Houston could take some lumps. Not saying we're better than Houston/BYU, who knows what we'll look like still at this point.

Same thing with next year's four actually, two looking like they'll win a lot and two looking like they could struggle, although I think Arizona could turn a corner at some point.

• Agree
Reactions: CloniesForLife

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
We make excuses that we don't have the horses at WR. How can you tell if you don't throw the ball over 10 yds. The threat of going deep helps run medium and longer routes. Our players have more talent than our coaches.

To be honest I think the talent at receiver is weak but that's where timing and deception should be coming into play.

longdriveforsom

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 2, 2008
San Diego,CA
I'm sticking with 5-7 defense is better than I thought it would be and the offense is slightly worse, I'm leaning more towards 4 than 6 now just because a lot of the teams picked low in the big 12 look much better than anyone thought (Cincy, Kansas).
I got wins over Ohio, OK st, BYU and we pick up another somewhere

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
5-7. Less disappointed with the loss than I was seeing the things that got us there. Special teams was mostly good and the O-Line played a little bit better. Offensive design and play-calling were atrocious and although Iowa's defense is stout I think it's clear we don't have athleticism or skill up front to run (consistenly) outside the tackles. I also thought Heacock was too vanilla early after mixing up the defense against UNI.

My hopes for the year are continued development and to see some offensive evolution. Nate needs to get away from the **** Manning did as it's simply a terrible offensive scheme. We don't have the talent or athleticism to beat teams playing horizontally.