SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Allen
Christopherson
Babb
Ejim
White

The biggest tossup for me right now is between Ejim and Booker.

BeTheCyclone

Oct 19, 2010
On Wednesday's:

Allen
Scottie
Babb
Ejim
White

On Saturday's:

McGee
Allen
Scottie
White
Booker

On Tuesday's:

Allen
Babb
Scottie
White
Booker

Reactions: CycloneErik

PrisonMike15

Jul 18, 2011
Allen
Scottie
Ejim
White
Booker

I just think we need Booker's size and really want to see what Ejim can do at the 3. But there would be no argument from me if Booker doesn't start and Babb does.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I think with this year it's not going to be the starting lineup that is important but the number of minutes that each player logs. CFH has said numerous times he is going to press and run. We also have a very flexible lineup that will vary depending on the situation. With that in mind I think the minutes will break down like this (not necessarily who will start)...

PG: McGee (20), Allen (10), Sledge (5), Bubu (5)
SG: Scotty (20), Allen (10), Mcgee (5), Babb (5)
SG/SF: Ejim (15), Babb (15), Allen (10)
PF: White (20), Ejim (10), Babb (5), Gibson (5)
C: Booker (25), Railey (10), White (5)

Last edited:

HuddleUp

Jan 9, 2009
Kansas City
Yep, this is the lineup.

I bet we'll learn a lot more during and after the Italy trip, but I think this is the lineup we'll see in the fall.

That's an awfully small lineup. Three starters under 6'3. Tallest starter 6'6. Booker will be in there.

McGee
Allen
Ejim
White
Booker

PrisonMike15

Jul 18, 2011
That's an awfully small lineup. Three starters under 6'3. Tallest starter 6'6. Booker will be in there.

McGee
Allen
Ejim
White
Booker

I agree with the premise of your post. We're too small without Booker. I just don't see anyway Scott doesn't start,

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think with this year it's not going to be the starting lineup that is important but the number of minutes that each player logs. CFH has said numerous times he is going to press and run. With that in mind I think the minutes will break down like this...

PG: McGee (20), Allen (10), Sledge (5), Bubu (5)
SG: Scotty (20), Allen (10), Mcgee (5), Babb (5)
SG/SF: Ejim (15), Babb (15), Allen (10)
PF: White (20), Ejim (10), Babb (5), Gibson (5)
C: Booker (25), Railey (10), White (5)

So if I total those minutes.

Allen (30)
McGee (25)
White (25)
Ejim (25)
Babb (25)
Booker (25)
Scotty (20)
Railey (10)
Gibson (5)
Bubu (5)
Sledge (5)

I think that's about right, other than Scotty being too low and Railey too high. I also think Gibson and Bubu are closer to 0 than 5.

HuddleUp

Jan 9, 2009
Kansas City
I agree with the premise of your post. We're too small without Booker. I just don't see anyway Scott doesn't start,

SC will get plenty of minutes. Spark off the bench. I don't think he gives Fred the kind of defensive pressure he's looking for in his guards. McGee is a defensive beast by all accounts. It also wouldn't surprise me if he leads us in scoring. No way he doesn't start. Allen is a lock. So is Ejim. We'll need Booker to take some pressure off White in the paint.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
no idea on starting lineup, could be one of several. my minutes breakdown:

white: 30
allen: 30
mcgee: 26
scotty: 26
Babb: 26
Ejim: 26
booker: 20
sledge: 10
railey/gibson/bubu: 6

man, i really hope we can defend and rebound. not worried about our offense at all.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
SC will get plenty of minutes. Spark off the bench. I don't think he gives Fred the kind of defensive pressure he's looking for in his guards. McGee is a defensive beast by all accounts. It also wouldn't surprise me if he leads us in scoring. No way he doesn't start. Allen is a lock. So is Ejim. We'll need Booker to take some pressure off White in the paint.

I agree about SC, he'll play starters minutes but come off of the bench. I think (for the first time in forever) we've got some versatility with our rosters. We have a depth at guard and I could see the 3-5 spots changing around a bit based on match ups. We'd be very formidible pressing with Ejim playing the 4, I think he'll spend most of the time there with RW and Booker rotating at the 5.