Urban Meyer on Matt Campbell

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I love our coach more and more without even one win, i cant wait for him to start winning bowl games.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
With Campbell's ties to the state of Ohio, I could see him replacing Meyer years down the line when Urban decides to have another health crisis. That is if Campbell has great success here.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
CF needs to bring back the jimlad.

Saw that this article is dated September 2015. Now, if we see a new article like this about how much Urban is talking to Campbell, then we can start to worry.

I never used the jimlad anyway.

Sorry about the neg rep. Had to even it up!

• Disagree
Reactions: ISU2

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
With Campbell's ties to the state of Ohio, I could see him replacing Meyer years down the line when Urban decides to have another health crisis. That is if Campbell has great success here.

If our history with Ohio State means anything (Bruce, Herman), it really isn't that far out of bounds for him to move there after Meyer calls it quits again.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
If CMC is good enough at ISU to get an offer from tOSU then he could possibly be a legendary coach at ISU where at tOSU he would be just another coach. At some point your legacy needs to be more important than money.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
How'd that work out with Fred?
I know - I suppose Fred is already a legend in ISU history but I think many people (especially young people) don't think of their legacy. Does no one want to be a Frank Beamer and dare I say Fry (I just vomited a little)?

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
If Meyer hangs it up after this year, Tom Herman will likely get the call before CMC.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
If CMC is good enough at ISU to get an offer from tOSU then he could possibly be a legendary coach at ISU where at tOSU he would be just another coach. At some point your legacy needs to be more important than money.

Remember, even Paul was an attractive option with other schools after regular seasons winning 6, 6, 5, 6. That's your tipping point right there. If Matt Campbell reaches 5 or 6 this year, he'll be on the list for coaching vacancies for sure.

The football world's perception is if you can win 6 at Iowa State, then you're good enough to move on to a place where you have better options for talent. I hope we have someone that finally removes that perception, we've been chipping away at it now with upset wins and greater facilities, but that is where we're at.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
If Meyer hangs it up after this year, Tom Herman will likely get the call before CMC.

After this year, yeah. Herman has OSU experience and he's been burning it up down at Houston. Even if Herman moves on to a bigger school, I think he's realistically in front of Campbell.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
If our history with Ohio State means anything (Bruce, Herman), it really isn't that far out of bounds for him to move there after Meyer calls it quits again.

The pipeline (cradle of Ohio State coaches) began when Jack Trice's coach, Sam Willaman, left Iowa State to become head coach of Ohio State.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I don't believe he cares about his legacy. He loves football, but more specifically THE PROCESS involved with putting a good team on the field. He may want to move to a top 20 school if it is a great fit in his mind. Time will tell and ISU wins will dictate his future opportunities.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
The pipeline (cradle of Ohio State coaches) began when Jack Trice's coach, Sam Willaman, left Iowa State to become head coach of Ohio State.

Not just coaches either...AD Gene Smith...

Help Support Us

Become a patron