Misc: Urbandale 17 Year Old Gannon Buhr wins United States Disc Golf Championship

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
This isn't some minor league tournament. This is the best of the best. One of the guys he was playing with on the final day is basically the Tiger Woods of disc golf. He went head-to-head with some greats and outplayed them all.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
My grandfather got me into disc golf some years back. I enjoy it and I'm decent but those guys make throws that are insane.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone06

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
As someone who loves disc golf, pretty sweet to see. Hope the sport keeps growing.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
My grandfather got me into disc golf some years back. I enjoy it and I'm decent but those guys make throws that are insane.

Definitely. Unlike real golf, I have a fighting chance for pars and birdies with disc golf.

• Agree

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Several great courses in the CR area including one that is being remade/designed to be a tournament level course (was destroyed in the derecho). The area disc golf club has been very active in making improvements to the area courses.

I have heard nothing but great things about Wildcat up by Urbana as well.

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
I feel really lucky to be in the CR/IC area for courses. IC has 3 really good courses: Peninsula Park, Altmeier, Sugar Bottom. Wildcat Bluff in Vinton is my favorite course, I just make sure I'm there by 7am to beat the crowds. Shaver in CR will be really nice when it's complete. I'm a big fan of Vets park in Dubuque too.

Reactions: wxman1

spk123

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Des Moines
I casually played (more so in the past than I do now) and was in a tournament in DSM with Gannon a few years back when he was probably 13-14 years old. He destroyed the (adult) amateur field. Incredibly talented, and not surprised he's doing big things now.

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
2nd biggest tournament of the year besides Worlds, one of four majors for the tour. The first tournament of the year Gannon lost in a playoff where he led going into the final hole, pretty awesome to see him finish the year getting his first big win at the final major of the year. Tour championship starts today!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron