USA today: Big 12 depth

bigdaddykane

Mar 3, 2014
The difference between the big 12 and other conference like the ACC is we don't have many bad team. Tech and tcu are bad. In the ACC there's clemson, FSU, wake forest, VT, GT and Boston College.

SimpsonClone

Feb 7, 2014
The difference between the big 12 and other conference like the ACC is we don't have many bad team. Tech and tcu are bad. In the ACC there's clemson, FSU, wake forest, VT, GT and Boston College.

You could even make the argument that TCU isn't that bad of a team. They look competitive and received votes this week. I would make the case that what separates the B12 from the ACC, SEC, B1G, etc is that the B12 is competitive top to bottom (with 70% ranked) and plays a round robin schedule where every team sees each other both home and away. That, in my opinion, is what separates the B12 from the other conferences. Some of those other conferences teams might see another team twice. B12 teams will see each other team twice. Not many conferences can say they play a round robin schedule that is respected enough to send 7 to the tourney. B12 did last year.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
TCU is capable of beating anyone. They are not a bad team. Average is more like it IMO.

Tech has a ways to go from what I've seen

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
TCU is capable of beating anyone. They are not a bad team. Average is more like it IMO.

Tech has a ways to go from what I've seen

I don't think this is true.

They are improved from what they have been. But that's like saying ISU will be improved next year in football.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012

I too read the article.

SimpsonClone

Feb 7, 2014
I'd say the ACC is the best in terms of top heavy/title contenders. I would put the Big 12 #2. In terms of depth, I would put the Big 12 #1 followed by the ACC. The ACC and Big 12 are far and away the top two conferences. after that?

Big 10
Big East
SEC
Pac 12
Missouri Valley

I really have no idea.

Yes. The ACC in my mind is the most top heavy conference.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
ACC has 6-7 TCU as their bottom feeders. if ISU was in the ACC i'm pretty sure they will be at the top.

Are we talking about the same ACC here? I know we're coming off a great road W, but ISU has a bit of ground to make up before being considered on Duke and Virginia's level.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
That is what happens when you load up with 15 teams.

ISUCYCLONE09

Jan 4, 2015
Des Moines
yes, the Duke the lost to NC-State and the Louiville team that is 22 in ESPN RPI with its best win at home against Ohio state. 8 out of 10 times I can see us beating UNC.