Useful products thread

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Agreed on garlic press, but a pizza cutter is absolutely a multi-tasker.
This is going to end up an Alton Brown thread IMO. He talked a lot about “unitaskers” on his show “Good Eats”. I can’t remember where he placed pizza cutters.

• Agree
Reactions: NickTheGreat

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
brentwood-food-choppers-985117028m-76_600.jpg

We have one of these - it is nice sometimes/for certain uses, but I typically use a knife. It's more of a chore to clean and even the smallest insert doesn't chop as fine as I like for some things.

Reactions: mynameisjonas

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
This is going to end up an Alton Brown thread IMO. He talked a lot about “unitaskers” on his show “Good Eats”. I can’t remember where he placed pizza cutters.
Lol. You're not wrong. AB does not consider a pizza cutter to be a uni tasker

Reactions: Lexclone

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
No, by single use I mean the tool serves one purpose.

I use a knife to cut my pizza. As god intended

Do you have one of those huge pizzeria knives that can go across an entire pizza? Way too much of a hassle to use a regular kitchen knife to cut a large pizza.

You have to be one of ~1% of Americans who don't use a pizza cutter.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Name another thing you use your pizza cutter for that you can't use a knife for?
Here's one from Alton Brown:

He's got others as well.
It works very well to cut items but don't want to risk damaging the surface underneath.

Reactions: Lexclone

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Cutting fresh pasta, especially ravioli. Cutting crusts for pies.
I'm gonna sound like a hypocrite (not uncommon on CF lmao) but I have pasta cutters. But that's when I got really deep into pasta making for a hot minute.

But pie crusts? I am thinking about the logistics of that one.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
We have one of these - it is nice sometimes/for certain uses, but I typically use a knife. It's more of a chore to clean and even the smallest insert doesn't chop as fine as I like for some things.
We don't use it a ton weekly but when its garden season it gets used a lot.
If you're canning salsa, it's great to have around.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Do you have one of those huge pizzeria knives that can go across an entire pizza? Way too much of a hassle to use a regular kitchen knife to cut a large pizza.

You have to be one of ~1% of Americans who don't use a pizza cutter.

I have multiple knives that can handle this easily? What hassle are you talking about?

Anything soft like dough. Knives stretch it as you pull them through. Pizza cutters slice through them without the pulling action.

Your knife ain't sharp enough if it stretches dough.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
We don't use it a ton weekly but when its garden season it gets used a lot.
If you're canning salsa, it's great to have around.
That thing is fantastic and helps me eat healthy because of how it gets through veggies fast.

But be damn careful, you will quickly cut the f*ck out of your hands in a split second if your not paying attention to what your doing.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
No, by single use I mean the tool serves one purpose.

I use a knife to cut my pizza. As god intended
Ok. So I’m just going to say. Isn’t the purpose of invention is to solve a singular problem??

Now, if you really want to talk about a scam. The first person who decided a lime press and a lemon press should be different. Let’s make one smaller and paint it green. Hmmm……dammit. I fell for that joke.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Sorry if "TMI" but I had been breaking out from just about every major brand of deodorant and even developing skin tags from them. I explored maybe 6 brands of "all natural" deodorant and most of them didn't work at all and some irritated my skin just as much.

I found this salt crystal thing below that works amazingly well for 24 hours and one bar lasted me five years so it also probably saved me at least $50 maybe more like $100. Because it's mostly salt it does dissolve after 24 hours on the rare day one might skip a shower but as long as I use it every day it's just as effective as any typical mainstream deodorant.

818r7T+5vKL.jpg

Help Support Us

Become a patron