Useful products thread

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Preach!

I will add that a bottle brush should standard in every kitchen.

We still have a bottle brush in our kitchen and haven't had an actual baby bottle in years. They're awesome for regular dishwashing.

I never used the diaper cream applicator thing. Just used a wet wipe to dip and spread.

• Winner
Reactions: wxman1

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Scrub Daddy > Everything

I'd agree with you for everything except glassware.

Sine the place I'm renting for work at the moment doesn't have a dishwasher, I had to go grab some more conventional soft sponges to be able to get down effectively into some drinking glasses.

Other than that, grab that scrub daddy though the eye sockets and go at some stuff.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
All you peeps cutting pizza with a pizza rolling cutter or butcher knife are barbarians. It's the 21st century, man, use a laser cutter!

Reactions: CloneLawman

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
This thread is so eye opening! I didn't know people cut pizza rather than folding it in half and eating it like a sandwich. I don't think the seal-a-meal will ever replace melting the bag shut since almost everybody has a propane torch in their kitchen to get the coals started in their oven. Who hasn't opened those tough jars with a pipe wrench! Who would of thought that hammer thingy I bought in the kitchen isle was for tenderizing meat when it works so well for making mashed potatoes? Who scrubs pots and pans when you can just return them to the burner and bake on the residue--if it doesn't come off the pan it won't come off in the next meal you prepare. Younger generation that needs all the specialty stuff--spoiled!

Reactions: CascadeClone

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Would love to see pictures if you are interested in sharing.
I'll take some. I'm working with the finished side of the fence, so I wasn't able to attach them to the posts like your supposed to, and had to mount a foot long 2 x 4 to the finished side and then mount to that. It's sturdy, so I would think attaching directly to the post would be even better.

Reactions: mynameisjonas

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Anyone else put a bar of soap in a loofa-like thing for your showers? Game changer.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
On a lesser and more light-weight use. I find bread twist-ties handy in so many applications. Not those crappy plastic tab things, the ones with tiny wires inside.

I keep a little box of them in the pantry and it's surprising how many times I think, "Oh, a twistie tie will work perfectly for that."
Cut you cut pizza with them? :D

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Thought this might be interesting, as there are a lot of things out there that are very useful that people may not know about.

For instance, my neighbor's fence was on it's last legs (I've had a post angled against it and a guy wire attached for well over a year so it won't fall down).

My sister told me they bought fence post anchors when theirs were getting wobbly, so I spent last night installing three of them and they worked great.
I would have followed the advice of you signature and do nothing.

And I'm kidding!

Reactions: Cyclonepride

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Thought this might be interesting, as there are a lot of things out there that are very useful that people may not know about.

For instance, my neighbor's fence was on it's last legs (I've had a post angled against it and a guy wire attached for well over a year so it won't fall down).

My sister told me they bought fence post anchors when theirs were getting wobbly, so I spent last night installing three of them and they worked great.
I haven't read it yet, but it must be a good thread to have 8 pps. already! :)

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I've started to put quick connects on my hoses/sprinklers/sprayers/kids water toys.
61vpL5ZeONL.jpg
I didn’t know that was a thing! And now I need it in my life.

Does this lower with the pressure/outflow? It looks like it narrows at the coupling?