UT going to the power run more often

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
How does this affect the ISU chances this weekend? We haven't proven that we can stop a mobile QB this year, or last, or the year before, or the year before that...but, does ISU have a shot against a UT team that has looked up and down until recently. Has UT finally found their strength?

Last edited:

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Well of course we have a shot. I don't really know much about Texas and can't analyze it in depth.

So it's pretty much going to be Tebow vs Collin Klein this game :jimlad:

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I sadly think Texas is figuring themselves out. I really hope the offense lights it up and we win, but I could see LanRam get a little nervous on his first career start.

talent. Texas > Iowa state
coaches Texas > Iowa State.

i think it will be a close game and decided by 10 or less points. I really hope the clones can pull it off, but I can see CPR punting on 4th and 1.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
I sadly think Texas is figuring themselves out. I really hope the offense lights it up and we win, but I could see LanRam get a little nervous on his first career start.

talent. Texas > Iowa state
coaches Texas > Iowa State.

I think it will be a close game and decided by 10 or less points. I really hope the clones can pull it off, but I can see CPR punting on 4th and 1.

I'm thinking Texas may have found their identity right before ISU did. Unfortunately, their talent outweighs ours so I see UT winning, but I think it's closer than a lot of people are putting it at. We've been run over through the air, and this is going to be a big test on the ground for our new 3-4 scheme.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I feel better about our ability to contain the run than the pass, particularly when the balance is tilted heavily in that direction. The key will be consistently limiting it to 1-7 yards, because our tendency seems to be stuff-stuff-35 yards.

This just drives me insane. If you see a D-lineman just barely miss a tackle-for-loss in the backfield, you can pretty much assume the guy will run for a huge gain.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Well, we are the Cyclones, so I'm sure Texas will pull it together this weekend.

Either that or we keep it close, have a chance at the end, but some freak incident will happen and we'll lose.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron