Utah - Florida, Thursday, Aug 31st

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

Who do we want to win?

• Utah: Future Big 12 member, pre-Pac implosion crap ancient history

Votes: 84 56.8%
  • Florida: Utah needs to be humbled

Votes: 25 16.9%
  • Don't care either way / not sure

Votes: 39 26.4%

• Total voters

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Utah plays Baylor next week? Talk about a strong noncon. Wow.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Florida has not played a non-league game outside the state of Florida since 1991.

Completely healthy sport.
I heard that earlier this week. Crazy.

But it shows how elite programs compete on an uneven playing field. Even if they play other top teams in their non-con, they are typically neutral site games.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Graham Mertz from WI I think is the starter for Florida.

Judging by his time in Madison, I'd say Florida isn't back either.

• Agree
Reactions: RezClone

CyCoug

Sep 19, 2021
Very easy tune up game against no speed, no talent, poor recruiting Baylor. I know because the UU boards told me. They're going 9-0 in Big 12 every year because they recruit faster athletes than Baylor and TCU.
Is utefans.net still around? Even though I’m a BYU (and ISU fan), Cougarboard for BYU is pretty bad. But utefans.net is worse.

• Informative

Allikat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2018
I am completely cool with any future Big 12 team beating any current SEC/BIG team. Even if it means the PAC gets one more championship on the way out the door. I likely would even be fine with them beating Texas and perhaps OU but certainly not any other Big 12 team.

Then . . . . next year, I hope that the new PAC members are middle of the pack at best. Helps raise the profile of the Big 12 by showing how good the current football is. (Although the SEC/BIG media bias will likely always poo poo the quality of our play).

Reactions: HouClone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Is utefans.net still around? Even though I’m a BYU (and ISU fan), Cougarboard for BYU is pretty bad. But utefans.net is worse.

I cruised several of their boards during realignment to watch reality hit them in the face like a semi truck.

Sometimes I ended up reading actual football takes and they seem to expect to never lose in the easy Big 12. They might be surprised comparing the past 10-15 years of results of TCU, Baylor and OK State to the best Pac teams. At the absolute worst the Big 12 is going to be comparable to their old Pac schedules, it'll probably be slightly more difficult. Of course 1/4 of the league now is the Pac.

Reactions: RezClone and CyCoug

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I am completely cool with any future Big 12 team beating any current SEC/BIG team. Even if it means the PAC gets one more championship on the way out the door. I likely would even be fine with them beating Texas and perhaps OU but certainly not any other Big 12 team.

Then . . . . next year, I hope that the new PAC members are middle of the pack at best. Helps raise the profile of the Big 12 by showing how good the current football is. (Although the SEC/BIG media bias will likely always poo poo the quality of our play).

Texas and OU are about the only teams I'd want Utah to beat this year...maybe a Big Ten team in a bowl or playoff since I always enjoy seeing them be exposed.

Normally I loathe Baylor so I really don't know what to do in week two when they play.

For media bias you can just look at how Big 12 basketball was top to bottom the best easily for about 13 years in a row and just started getting acknowledged as such 2-3 years ago. They really begrudgingly crowned the elite conference for what it is.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
I cruised several of their boards during realignment to watch reality hit them in the face like a semi truck.

Sometimes I ended up reading actual football takes and they seem to expect to never lose in the easy Big 12. They might be surprised comparing the past 10-15 years of results of TCU, Baylor and OK State to the best Pac teams. At the absolute worst the Big 12 is going to be comparable to their old Pac schedules, it'll probably be slightly more difficult. Of course 1/4 of the league now is the Pac.
I guess they forgot about getting taken to the woodshed by TCU before both got into the P5 (P4).

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Who cares?!?!? The Matt Rhule era at the only real Blue Blood on TV tonight is at the same time. Can't miss TV, just ask cable providers in northern New Jersey.

The more humbled and realistic Nebraska fans of the bunch are willing to patiently wait for Rhule's first Natty to come next year in Year 2, but you don't want to miss his first win tonight on his way to a rebuilding 10-2.

Sure, 10-2 is not quite up to the standard of Nebraska excellence. Rightfully so as a top 5 job, maybe even top 10 if you're on the pessimistic side. But I'm proud of the Nebraska fanbase for adjusting expectations to difficult modern times and allowing a little grace, just for this year.

If Rhule could win at some rich private school surrounded by talent in the middle of Texas, just imagine what he can do with a delusional boomer fan base 60 miles west of Omaha!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Who cares?!?!? The Matt Rhule era at the only real Blue Blood on TV tonight is at the same time. Can't miss TV, just ask cable providers in northern New Jersey.

The more humbled and realistic Nebraska fans of the bunch are willing to patiently wait for Rhule's first Natty to come next year in Year 2, but you don't want to miss his first win tonight on his way to a rebuilding 10-2.

Sure, 10-2 is not quite up to the standard of Nebraska excellence. Rightfully so as a top 5 job, maybe even top 10 if you're on the pessimistic side. But I'm proud of the Nebraska fanbase for adjusting expectations to difficult modern times and allowing a little grace, just for this year.

If Rhule could win at some rich private school surrounded by talent in the middle of Texas, just imagine what he can do with a delusional boomer fan base 60 miles west of Omaha!

Yeah maybe anti-Nebraska is the safer bet since there are reasons to hate and like Utah winning.

The Utah game isn't really satisfying either way but if Nebraska gets punked before we even hit September that is great.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Very easy tune up game against no speed, no talent, poor recruiting Baylor. I know because the UU boards told me. They're going 9-0 in Big 12 every year because they recruit faster athletes than Baylor and TCU.
Ok. :oops: [*Deletes level-headed and polite Midwesterner post regarding Utah*]

Gators by 50 or bust...

These UU guys just can't out of their own way. Ugh.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Graham Mertz from WI I think is the starter for Florida.

Judging by his time in Madison, I'd say Florida isn't back either.

Yeah... not a good sign for Florida at all that nobody on their roster could beat out Mertz. How can that be?

When I heard Rising wouldn't be playing I figured Florida would win this thing going away, but then I heard Mertz was Florida's QB... and Utah's backup is most likely better than Mertz... so I'm picking Utah.

Reactions: Jer

Help Support Us

Become a patron